Search This Blog

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Recruit 5 and his Sunday School Teacher

Sitting in Sunday School today I was teaching a lesson to my class of 4 turning 5 years old and zipping right along. I look up from reading part of a story and I'm caught off guard when I behold Recruit 5. He is sitting in a chair, his shoes off and the bottom of his feet pressed together in a yoga pose, knees falling out to the side. His fingers are pressed together and resting, palms up on his knees.

"Excuse me," I say, "What ARE you doing?"

Recruit 5 with his impish grin and fabulous ears parallel with his knees, says matter-of-factly, as if I am a complete dunce, "I'm meditating!"

I had to step out of the room to keep from laughing. I just got up and walked out. When I returned he was back into a normal Sunday School position and we carried on. Seriously, Meditating???

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.