Search This Blog

Monday, August 25, 2008

Insanity Potpourri

I am close to the drooling and twitching stage right now. Some of it is my own fault and some of it is just circumstance. I've entitled this "potpourri" because it's a little bit of a lot of different things. Just in case you have nothing better to do (like anything else other than reading this...) I've provided snippets below:

Things you never want to see first thing in the morning: Walking around the corner this morning after returning home from dropping oldest three recruits off at school, I saw a plaid clad behind with little legs sticking out of my freezer. Recruit 6 had pulled a chair up and was climbing into the freezer to get the Hershey miniature bag tucked at the back of the freezer. Upon hearing my loud exclamation of fear, outrage, and astonishment he jumped back into the chair, barely making the seat of it with his tiny feet encased in slippery socks.

Things that happened regardless if you're ready or not: Today was the first day of school and I stayed up past midnight reading a book.

Things not done in moderation: In the last four days I've read four novels. I am completely annoyed, irritated and almost angry that I even listened to the rave reviews sisters in my Ward have been giving the Stephanie Meyers novels. I know myself too well and can become obsessed so easily. That's how I got The Marine... Anyway, I SO didn't want to get snagged into that frenzied reading fever and really didn't have time. (I did get my professional work done... in case anyone from my professional work is reading this and wondering, or grimacing, or both at the same time...)

I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO READ 4 NOVELS in 4 DAYS!

Things just not done: Did I mention the first day of school? What do you think reading 4 Novels in 4 Days does to ones house, laundry, fridge, preparedness, organization, etc.? It dumps it right down the toilet and flushes it several times.... SEND HELP! SEND PLASTIC TUBBIES! SEND IN THE MERRY MAIDS!

The Marine's Marine Corps Anniversary: Smack dab in the middle of my bad, negligent, unorganized behavior I did manage to have FHE tonight (we reviewed chores and schedules; blaaaachk!!! and we celebrated The Marine's 22nd Anniversary in the Corps. My friend made a de-lish cake and I took a picture. Will post it later. Oooooo-RAH Marine, Happy 22! I think the Corps and I have done a dandy job! (snicker snicker) I just put that in to see if The Marine EVER reads my blog...

FOOTBALL, CHEER LEADING, GUARD, AND CROSS COUNTRY: 5 out of our 6 have one of the afore mentioned activities. My calendar is freaking out and sends me flashing warning signs every time I enter another event. It started out simple enough with notes like "appointment conflicts with an already scheduled event" or something to that effect. Now it just screams "SERIOUSLY????!!!"

Returning home after a week trip with 4 recruits 3 days before school started: Seriously, WHO does that??

I am happy to report I just (literally 7 minutes and 32 seconds ago) finished the 4th novel. I now feel free from it's weird spell binding hypnotic hold it had on me. (The movie comes out Nov 21st!) I shall be a much better human and stop hiding in bathrooms, closets, vehicles, and behind locked doors in order to read uninterrupted.

3 comments:

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

You are so nuts and that was a really stupid thing to do to start reading those novels right before school started. I haven't read them, but I have heard that they are more addictive than heroine. Just kidding, but pretty dang addictive! So I'm not going to start because I don't want my house to go to pot! At least you're done! You're life is crazier than mine, I think.

Heather said...

just wait until you start reading them again.

Rebecca said...

I hear you on the books- they do totally put a spell on you and you must finish at all costs. I am surprised you succumbed though. I thought you were stronger than that. (heh heh heh)

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.