Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Recruit 1 and the Coast Guard

I had to call the Coast Guard on my child. Recruit 1 had a fabulous day jumping off a yacht while the boat they had traveled out on was being worked on because it broke down. My darling darling child didn't call me. The darling darling child with her, her partner in crime, didn't call her Mama. All we knew was they were broken down somewhere. AAACK!!!! For about 4 hours I was very very sad, okay, upset, no- more like borderline hysterical. I never totally freaked out, but I seriously wanted to.

The Coast Guard sent their 47 foot boat (ship Recruit 1 said) out for them as it got dark and we still had not heard from them. Just as the kids were coming in the Coast Guard pulls along side and says "Is there a Recruit 1 aboard?" She was amazingly enough NOT surprised. She still wasn't sure why I had freaked out at this point, but later realized why and felt very very bad. She also said the Coast Guard guys were all VERY VERY cute.... to be 17 again...

This all happened the day The Marine left for a trip. All I kept thinking was, "He's not even been gone 24 hours and I've lost a kid at sea!!!!"

I can't give you all the details here because Recruit 1 and her partner in crime would kill me. Ask me though...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Lenette's husband didn't get to help in R1's Rescue, did he?! hee hee hee

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.