Search This Blog

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sponge Bob and his hold on my family.

Genetics in a family or even just the brother/sister hood we share with the human race amazes me. I've not been "home" in two years and yet the similarities between my self and family and those of my relatives is scary.

Recruits 5 and 6 are the same age as my sister's youngest child, Reservists 2 will call him. He is four, the same age as Recruit 6. Sponge Bob played repeatedly yesterday over and over and over again. The fact they all passed out in front of the TV and I finished this novel I was reading made it okay. Today however I am once again being entertained by the sea sponge and his zany gang of sea creature friends.

Oh barnacles! is the popular dirty language around here right now as is TARTAR Sauce! Now I've got an extra little man cursing in deep sea lingo.

I'm glad to report Reservists 2 was already well indoctrinated into Sponge Bob's world long before we got here.

Currently my sister and Reservist 2 went home. I've got her oldest Reservists 1 and we will all travel to Mom's property near where she lives tomorrow. It's supposed to rain all week so that is possibly putting a damper on our go cart and mule riding plans. We'll see.

After church today we met up with extended family at my Uncle's house for FAJITAS and RIBS and BAKED BEANS! It was all very good and the good food around here is one reason I want to move back!

I am too tired to go find someones camera, download pics and upload them, so I apologize for this rather blah blog post. The kids have all been unnaturally good and polite and well... quite UN-entertaining as far as blog worthy stuff. It also means I won't have a lot of stuff to replace when we leave Mom's house so that's a good thing!

I'm off for a Sunday Nap! Later Gators!

No comments:

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.