Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Updates!

Recruit 6 got a haircut! However he wouldn't act normal for a picture, so picture this being about all the hair he has.

I fly out tomorrow with Recruits 5 and 6 to go see The Grandmother and reclaim R3 and R4.
It will be small planes, 7 hours travel time and a late arrival. I'll take notes so I don't leave out ANY details.



This will be the boy's first flight where they will be able to really pay attention to what is going on.



The last time they flew was when my dad passed away in 2005. Recruit 5 was 2 and Recruit 6 had just turned 1.

They both cried. Alot.


Recruit 1 was holding R5 in the row of seats across from me and all I could hear him screaming over the roar of the propellers, (it was a prop plane... thank goodness, extra loud) was the following phrases:

"GET ME OUT OF HERE!"


"I HATE YOU!"

and last but not least


"YOU'RE HURTING MY PRIVATE AREA!" (he actually used the anatomically correct word where the bolded words are, but for some reason I'm reluctant to type it out here.)

It should be interesting to see what the little angels provide as fodder for your reading pleasure this trip.

UPDATES:

The Marine:

He's home. He arrived about 30 seconds after I threatened to eat cereal in the previous blog. Thank Goodness.

Recruit 2: For those of you who read about his ER visit on the mountain we are thrilled to report the ultra sound was PERFECT and today the visit to the urologist revealed he is cleared to start running with his cross country team as of now!

No restrictions.

All the stitches have been absorbed, he has had no pain and the only lingering side effect is his lack of energy, desire to participate and moodiness from hanging out doing little to nothing for two weeks. Which by the way Thursday 14 August will be exactly two since the injury. That is CRAZY! I am always amazed at the human body's ability to heal and rejuvenate.

I think those are the most important updates for now!

1 comment:

Mikal said...

What would our lives be w/o our families? DULL!

Hoping your flight goes well. Enjoy your mini vacation.

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.