Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What do I do when The Marine is Gone?

I MISS HIM!
and look for ways to not clean the house like now, looking for pictures of him and sighing alot.

So I was thinking all these kind thoughts about my Marine and he's not here to frown at me and ruin my kind thoughts about him so I opened the giant file cabinet filled with pictures and found this one. It was EIGHT years ago.

This was before he got his eyes fixed. He was in a wedding of a buddy of his and I was his accessory. It was a lot of fun. We left the then, only four recruits with my Mom and Sister and headed OUT OF STATE, hence the giant toothy grin on my face.

Sigh... If he were here I'd fix him a nice big dinner and have the house all shiny and clean... Oh who am I kidding! I'd be pretending to do laundry instead of flat out ignoring it...

The sad/wonderful part is he knows exactly what I'm doing even from where he is. He's creepy that way. I'll get an email any minute now telling me to get off the computer and go introduce myself to the recruits. I however choose to think he thinks my lack of homemaking skills is endearing... I'm sure he does. He told me just the other day I was special! Come to think of it though, he then laughed to himself right after he said it as he walked off... Hmmmm....

No comments:

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.