Search This Blog

Monday, August 11, 2008

What Shennanigans have Recruits 3 and 4 Been Up To?

The "Middles" have been out of town for almost two weeks. They've been hanging out with THE GRANDMOTHER. She lives a long ways away and so a lot is packed into a short amount of time. I just received photographic evidence of their adventures today.

Riding around in a brand new go cart among other things! Recruit 4 is frustrated because Grandmother won't let him drive by himself. He has to have Recruit 3 with him. Right after I had that conversation with Grandmother, they (the middle recruits that is) were putting the go cart away in a shed and while Recruit 3 was opening a gate, Recruit 4 (in the driver's seat at the time) accidentally put the vehicle in reverse and knocked Recruit 3 over and made the gate wack her on the head. She's fine, a little sore but fine.
I'd say the Grandmother's point has been well proved!
This was taken right after they got it to Grandmother's property. I don't think this property has an official name yet. I'll have to ask. She used to live on Monster Acres... I need to blog about it...

Recruit 4 on Ethel. She has a companion mule named Fred. This recruit is an animal guy. I think he might be a future veterinarian, or lion tamer, or Guinea pig farmer...

Apparently they are also exploring new fashion. Expressing themselves finding out where they fit in. Or just playing dress up in their little cousin's dress up clothes. Recruit 3 actually rocks this look don't you think? That's my Korean brother in the background. I'll have to blog about that sometime too. I also have a Korean sister. She's not in this picture.

My LAND! Give this boy a guitar and big old belt buckle and who cares if he can sing! That look is how the west was won!

Getting ready for church. A cowboy and a gentleman, better yet give the boy a name tag, water bottle, a bicycle and a helmet. He will be a sweet missionary one day. I bet he's waiting on the women folk to finish getting dressed. Look how much he's colored. He'd be a better missionary one day if this picture had him reading those sciptures instead of coloring some weird animal. sigh.

Well there's an almost women folk now, and looks like she's ready to go!

The Grandmother, and look R4 is SMILING! Wow, pause a moment in wonderment and awe. Leave it to the Grandmother... and a go cart... and probably Ethel...

I bet the Grandmother just pinched R3. It wouldn't surprise me a bit. Some of the Grandfather's were big pinch-ers. It's genetic.
Thanks Grandmother! They look healthy and happy (and I'll have to work at bringing them back down to earth when I get them back!)

2 comments:

Fonsecas said...

Looks like R3 & R4 are having fun!
And Kelli, you look exactly like your mom!!

Fonsecas said...

Looks like R3 & R4 are having fun!!
And Kelli, you look just like your mom :)

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.