Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

How do you miss home when you're there?

We are at my mom's property and I can't wait to load the pictures we've taken. The go cart has been the big hit. Some of the recruits are scared of the mules. We need to work on that...

Mom has a travel trailer out here until she builds her house. So we are all really really close right now. Not necessarily in a good way either...

Recruit 5 said: Grandmother needs more toys.

Recruit 6 said: OOOOH! look at the tiny bathroom, and the tiny tub! I need to take a bath!

They have been having a great time, except that it's raining, raining, raining. So last night when we got here it was thankfully not raining. We were able to play on the go cart and run around the play house and the tire swing.

Today we're traveling into town to this indoor jumping thing my sister found. The recruits 3 and 4 have been there twice with their reservist cousins, so Recruit 5 and 6 have been juiced up about going for 48 hours. If we don't go today someone is going to go crazy! (me...)

Now bear with me while I wax sentimental. I love being home. Even though the family home I grew up in (Monster Acres) has been sold, I still miss the beautiful state I have always thought of as home. I miss my mom and having my sister and her two itty bitties near by. I was able to have a family lunch at my Uncle's house and see another cousin (Recruit 4 said "hello your my Mom's evil twin") great. Actually she and I share a strong family resemblance. We also got to visit a couple of time with MY Grandmother. The Original GRANDMOTHER. She will be 83 this year and is one of my favorite people in the world. It makes me sad to get on an airplane in a few days and not know when I will come home again.

Don't worry Marine, I'm coming back. (last time I came home I ended up being gone two months...)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey, your girls are welcoma any time! They just might have to share a room with Delaney!

Heather said...

Are the young recruits are going to miss the ice cream party we're having this saturday?

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.