Search This Blog

Thursday, June 4, 2009

I took the MOUSE

I am sitting in the Las Vegas airport at 0350 waiting for the airline to open up so I can check in for my 0600 flight home. Why?

Because I have some twisted idea that by getting little to no sleep after 3 days in Vegas and flying 7 hours I am some how going to be in any shape to help The Marine as soon as I land in the tiny little village we live in.

It really is a village after all I just saw the past three and a half days.

If I had just stopped trying to pretend like I can do everything I would have been able to sleep in a little longer, but not arrive until 2330 at night, missing the crabby 6 hours I've insured my family will experience once I land.

I am planning now NOT to be crabby. I think the only way to guarantee this is a muscle relaxer, applying whichever oils calm the nervous system and an early bed time.

So that's where I am while writing this post.

When I left home The Marine packed up my computer for me. I apparently had HIS wireless mouse on my laptop. I know it was his mouse because that morning I went into the office and took it off his computer.

THE NEXT day, while in VEGAS on a TEAM BUILDING ACTIVITY with the company I work for I received a voice mail from the Marine.

Marine: "Kelli, call me as soon as you get this, couple of things going on here."

Let me interrupt my narrative here by letting you know if you are familiar with Myers-Briggs you need to know my Marine is an ESTJ and I am an ENFP. If you are not familiar with it just know we are complete polar opposites and I break or lose stuff... Alot, and it's usually his.

So I get the voice mail while I am in a limo with the CEO, a member of the content team I'm on, who knows me and two women I've never met until the night before from other projects in our company.

I call my Marine and quietly speak into the phone.

Kelli: "What's up?"

Marine: "Hey, they are delivering J's jeep and I need to get a cashiers check"

Kelli: "Okay, go get it, what's next?"

Marine: "Why did you take my mouse?!"

Seriously? I paused glancing up at MY BOSS PEOPLE.

Kelli: "Um, what?" I knew full well I had it. "I thought it was mine."

Marine: "Where's yours? Why would you go get mine?"

Kelli: "I'm in a limo on a scavenger hunt, I'll call you later."

Click.

We really were on a scavenger hunt in Vegas, in a limo, and we were determined we were going to win. We didn't. However it was crazy fun. Except the burn on my leg.

Back in the Lobby of the Bellagio, (sorry I had to just casually throw it out, my Boss Lady is COOL!) we wrap up the exercise and I step off to call back the Marine whom I've stolen the mouse from AND hung up on him.

Kelli: "Hey, seriously, I couldn't find mine, saw yours and thought it was, they look just alike and besides YOU packed up the computer, didn't you see it?"

The Marine: I can't remember what he said, but it required the following response.

Kelli: "You're right, and I'm sorry, I have to go I burned my leg on the French guy's Harley."

The Marine: mouse forgotten, "WHAT? What were you doing on a Harley and how did you burn your leg??"

Kelli: "I've got to go, I'll call you in thirty minutes and explain everything... Love ya, bye!"

Click.

True story.

I called him back and filled him in, but I have to go now, the Kiosk opened to check in and now it looks like the entire population of a small village has lined up while I was writing this.

VIVA LAS VEGAS BABY!!!!!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Your funny, that's all I can say.

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.