Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Quiet

Recruit 1 is gone, Recruit 3 and my adopted daughter who is also a Recruit but from another platoon (ok, that's silly but it's true, another Marine family) are both at a friends house spending the night. Three girls gone cuts way down on the noise. Recruit 4 is also gone.

Left while we were picking The Marine's truck up from the shop. Again.

Recruit 2 is a teenage boy and still comatose at 0800 in the morning as is our other house guest, another Recruit from still yet a different platoon. He's a teenage boy too, so dead to the world.

And my two little fellas are amazingly still asleep, as I would be if the dogs didn't wake me up to let them out.

Quiet. I hear the refrigerator running.

Hmmm. I think I like it.

I was able to read all my email uninterrupted.

Now that's done. Still quiet.

too early to call anyone.

Yep, pretty sure there was a reason God blessed me with all these kids. He knew I needed someone to talk to and The Marine just didn't have it in him to do all by himself.

Only problem is they are all gone or sound asleep and not even my need for chatter is great enough to wake up boys before they're ready, unless of course I have garbage that needs to go out.

Oh, I know! The Marine is at work. I'll call him. He probably misses me anyway, he's been gone about an hour and a half already...

1 comment:

Living in oblivion said...

You could have called me, but than that time of morning, phone might not be anywhere near me! LOL

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.