Search This Blog

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Planting with the Marine

The Marine ripped out the front flower beds... About a year ago. He has just about finished replacing them, and I have to say he's done a nice job. I am actually very pleased. The only tough part has been agreeing where to place the shrubs/flowers.

He says I keep putting them in a military formation. Um HELLO!!! I've never not been around the military, but the fact is, he just visualizes in military formations. It was actually a nice lay out.

But I went across the street and drug my neighbor into the fray. With her neutrality we came up with something lovely. I'll take pictures later. Right now I'm annoyed.

In fact I am supposed to be outside with him right now arranging plants in the last bed to be planted. I arranged them how I wanted them and he said it was ok.... but....

I rearranged them.

He made no comment.

I glared at him. He missed the glare.

I waited.

He finally said, "Is this how you want them?"

Are you kidding me???

I said "yes that's why I stuck them this way. I asked you if you liked this and you never said anything."

The marine: "I was thinking."

I finally said something short and terse and came in.

I walked back out a few minutes later and he was beginning to put up the new outside fixtures he bought for outside the garage.

I watched.

I finally said "Do you think you are going to need help with these?"

The Marine: "um, probably."

Me: "I''ll send someone out."

And I came inside and sent out Recruit 4.

Uh oh, the electricity in this room just went off. He either is trying to spook me out or just shut breakers off in the garage to replace the fixtures.

I'm going to bed. It's dark.

1 comment:

Living in oblivion said...

Too funny!!! I hate planting! UHG! I'm gonna have a 1/2 acre to do.....are ya gonne come help me put my stuff in formation? LOL Can't wait to see you!!!

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.