Search This Blog

Friday, June 12, 2009

Day One of Weekend down

Everyone is finally here. We had a great dinner, (Thank you Mom-in-law, I'm so glad she was here.) Then the Marine and I took the some of the recruits and the the cousins to an Eagle Scout Court of Honor. It was wonderful.

It was so rewarding to see this particular young man receive such an esteemed award and join the ranks of a special group of men.

Hopefully Recruit 2 will be having his before the year is out.

The Marine has been a bit sticky lately. Like a prickly cactus. I think the moon has been orbiting in the house of jujube. Or whatever, his bio rhythms are out of whack. I think he is stressed about his big girl swooping out of our coop later this month. It's really sweet if you can get past all the grunting, growling and general Grinch type demeanor.

Tomorrow is the big day for Recruit 1. She made it. Whew!

No comments:

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.