Search This Blog

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Recruit 2 Returns from UNC Lacrosse Camp

July 2nd I drove to Chaple Hill with some other moms to pick up our cute little boys. They were playing in the middle of a tournament when we finally found them.




Grey Shorts, Navy Blue Helmet, White Shirt. He is Mr. Lacrosse!







My cute son wishes it had been longer. I do too. It was a little pricey for basically 21/2 days of Lacrosse. He had a great time and is now home.


When we first got there I couldn't find him. There we stood, three moms looking for our little darlings amongst a myriad of Lacrosse gear clad youth. One mom found my MIDI before I did. She recognized his legs. He does have nice legs.

Shortly after I spotted him they had a quick water break. He walked over and gave me a hug, but was very cool about it.






All three boys were on different teams. Recruit 2's team was Wingate. They won the division 2 championship.








The head coach spoke to the boys at the end of the tournament while waiting for the buses to come pick them up. He told them the most important thing in their life would be their core family and they needed to thank their parents or grandparents, whoever had provided them with this opportunity and give them a hug.
We all three stood there thinking the boys would come over to us right away and give us a hug... AFTER we got back to the dorms and gear was loaded and everyone was checked out, then the other two boys gave their mom the sweetest hug. Then I got mine. Nothing can be easy for me can it?

We ate lunch at the restaurant on the hill or on the rooftop or something like that. It was decent. I had fun just listening to the boys talk about their adventure. There was lots of arm punching and wise crack exchanging on the ride home.

One of the boys apparently developed a gastrointestinal reaction to either lunch or the fact he didn't have "alone time" in the bathroom for the last four days and the last thirty minutes of the trip were spent with the windows being rolled up and down. It just goes to prove the male species is the same regardless of age!
Girls would have been mortified.


These boys cackled and hollered everytime. I think the other two boys were secretly upset they didn't have any ready ammunition to counter the one boy's attacks!
These are great kids!

1 comment:

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I'm learning that boys have very different interactions than girls do. Girls do a lot of giggling and relationship talking, and boys do a lot of yelling and wrestling and fantasizing about dangerous activies. I don't know what's worse!
I like the picture you #2 hugging you. That's about how Conor would hug me, too.

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.