Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Things you don't want to hear from a four year old...

The Marine and I were sitting in our office debriefing each other on the day's events when Recruit 6 comes walking slowly into the office looking downtrodden and disillusioned with life. His head hung low and his eyes looked sadly up at me from under his brows. I asked him what was wrong and he said sadly,

"I'm drunk..."


Now if it had been a few years and several children ago we would have both snapped too and rushed off to see what horrible influence had taught our sweet innocent babe such a thing. However, age and experience have tempered us somewhat...


Mom: "Really? Do you know what that is?"


Recruit 6, very sadly: "uh hu"


Marine: "So, what is it?"


Recruit 6: "dizzy"


The Marine and I exchange the all knowing uh oh look. This could be serious.


Before I can get upset The Marine takes charge of the conversation and interjects: "So what were you drinking?"


Recruit 6: "Water"
The Marine sits back and says "Yep, does that to your mother too."


Great. Thanks for the help Marine, now at church on Sunday when someone asks him how he's doing, odds are something awful will come out of his mouth like, "ummm- I'm fine, just a little drunk..." or worse yet someone will ask how I am!

6 comments:

Beau & Lenette said...

laughing hysterically right now!

Heather said...

I don't know about Adam... but I can totally see Sam saying something like that. I can't believe he's 4.. I remember when he was still a baby.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Where do your kids get some of this stuff? Wait..nevermind. Are you going to enter my contest?

Jessica N. said...

That is hilarious! You should write a book full of all your funny family stuff.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Hey, even though I've seen what your house looks like SOME of the time, I still think you should enter my contest! Just think, a Mexican souvenir! Who couldn't live without one of those? I, also, don't have the slightest idea what to do with socks. i remember once that Suzanne laughed me to scorn when I told her I just pile them in a basket and let the kids fend for themselves. The pompous.....Just kidding. You know Suz has a blogger now. Go look for it on my roll of people I know in real life. I know she would love to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

I love my family! So unique - So interesting - So...

How long are they going to be here?

By the way, I bought a horse today.
(catch me if ya can)

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.