Search This Blog

Saturday, July 5, 2008

A CHOICE HAS BEEN MADE!!

My cute Marine and our Recruit 2 went paint shopping the other day. I made my recommendation and helped pick out a blue shade and green shade. They came home with a RED shade. Here are the updated photos. Some touch up and detail work need to be done, but the room is well on it's way to being completed!

Kelli: "hey, let me get your picture working!"

Recruit 2: "Mom, I'm working."

He kept his back to me. He was just finishing the first coat. It obviously needed a second. He was a little worried at this point about the color.

Kelli: "Son, do you like the color"

Recruit 2: "I'm living in a big strawberry." then silence.

I left him alone and came back as he was finishing the second coat.Kelli: "Hey, this looks a lot better!"

Recruit 2: Grunts

Kelli: "Um, how bout a photo?"I may have been badering a little longer than I've inidicated above...

Kelli: "Seriously! just give a quick happy look since you're nearing the end."

Recruit 2: "Mom. seriously."Kelli: "Oh that's a good one, thanks son!"

If you know his father, you will recognzie the stance, the look, and if you could have heard him, the tone of voice. It's almost frightening. I backed out to the door way right after this was taken.

The paintee was a lot more cooperative than the painter.



Upon exiting I asked him again if we could call it the strawberry room. He said no, and then said over his shoulder "It's the Iron Man Room."
He's a funny boy!

2 comments:

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

okay, he does look like Chuck in the annoyed stance pic. However, in the crazed one where he looks like he's about to throttle you, he looks EXACTLY like you! Also, tell #2 that I think he did a great job! I love the colors and the skill. He does a lot better than the guys who work on my house!

Jessica N. said...

I really like that color!

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.