Search This Blog

Monday, June 30, 2008

Some kids are just born cool!


So this is the funniest little boy. He's cool, he's smart, and he's funny without meaning to be. He delivers his comments with an even casual tone. A little clipped, like he's too cool to give you too many words. He says things offhand as if subjects like pluto and saturn are everyday conversations. He has a temper though. Sunday in church he was not happy with me.


He had to be corrected a few times for squirrley behavior and was really getting frustrated. He leaned over and mouthed to me "Can we just go home??"


I stage whisper "No, I have to teach and you have to go to primary!"


Recruit 5 dramatically asks "Well then can I have a new teacher?!"


I respond a little exasperated " You want a different primary teacher?!"


Recruit 5 emphatically says "YES!"


I mouth emphatically back "NO!"


Recruit 5 slumps back in his chair looking resigned to a fate worse than death.


I slump back in my chair feeling somewhat unloved. I'm his teacher...

3 comments:

Heather said...

Maybe it's because I've known him since he was in nursery, but he is my favorite of your kids. He just cracks me up!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Ha, ha, ha, haha! That was funny! He reminds me of how Joseph used to be! (Or still is?)

Jessica N. said...

Just so you know ... Julia loves you!

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.