Search This Blog

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Has my face always been able to do this?

I just love history and visiting places. Louisville turned out to be not what I expected. I'm not sure what I expected but it wasn't what I found. What I found was warm friendly people (actually I expected that.) and a city rich in history, cultural diversity and very cool art. I stayed in the famous Seelbach hotel which was innovative and ground breaking for it's time. Louis and Otto Seelbach's story is ideal if you want to site examples of what hard work and high standards can bring you. AND there are ghosts there too. That will be for another entry later. Also in the downtown area is this restaurant and hotel with interesting, beautiful and mostly weird art work. We all had dinner there one night. I work with some really fun people and I had a great time!



However, the subject tonight is about aging and the laxaticity of the human face.


I discovered my face has become more expressive as I've gotten older. I didn't realize quite how much. I only meant to follow directions of the person taking the pictures.


This picture is in the cool artsy restaurant. The 21C is the name of the hotel. I think the restaurant has another name. This family is all made out of clothes. We were directed to try and make the same faces they were making. I was a little surpised at how tweaked my face actually became.

I mean, my eyebrows have never actually manuevered themselves into such perfect diagonals. Or maybe it's just never been captured on film before... My buddy to the left is a funny funny guy and I died laughing when I saw this. My other co-worker is just too sweet to really be able to make a crazy face. I give her a few years and a couple of child births under her belt, then she will be a little more competitive...
Here I've pulled myself out of a group shot. Not sure how everyone would feel about being "blogged". We took two group pictures and I think I smiled very nicely. Then we were directed to do a crazy picture. Well. I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO DID! so the next picture is the same group shot, and every one else has lovely smiles on except right up front is this crazy chic.It still makes me laugh! I had no idea my eyes and mouth could stretch that way. Have I always been able to do this? My El Paso girls need to write in and tell me. I know I was laughed at, and many times I wasn't even trying to be funny. Like now, I was just following directions and all I ended up was looking like I was in the process of being possessed or having a seizure. Well my face anyway...

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Glad you had fun! And you have always had a beautiful and expressive face. Not too crazy, just very expressive!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Yes, your face has always been able to do that. It's what comes OUT of your face that is even more entertaining!

Living in oblivion said...

Yes, you have always been able to make these faces, why do you think it is sooo fun to talk to you??!! Miss not seeing your face w the e-mails, so the blogs are sooo much fun!!! Miss you!!!

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.