Search This Blog

Saturday, July 12, 2008

RECRUIT 4 RETURNS!!!






We picked up this adorable child on Friday 11 July. I had not spoken to him or seen him since 15 June! We wrote letters some of which are priceless. This was taken in the car waiting for the ferry to cross back over to our side of the river.

The counselors all yelled for him and he came running around from the backside of the cabin and LEAPT over this railing! I'm glad I caught the begining of the leap anyway!















After he hugged me there was this awkwared moment with his brothers.




















After encouragement he let Recruit 5 and 6 hug him. They were both excited to see him.






Recruit 6 even said on the way to the camp that his big brother was "so excited to me!" and he pointed his little thumbs at himself.

This is the counselor for cabin #11. Recruit 1 thinks we should have him visit for Sunday dinner! Recruit 4 must have really liked him because he followed him the whole time. According to recruit 4 anyway. While there this cute little fella earned the most land ranks in his cabin!





I thought this next picture was cool of all four boys from the back. Three of them are in step and arms positioned just the same! Recruit 5 is doing his own thing as usual. Foreshadowing??













On the phone with his Dad who was at work.












So we picked the Marine up some lunch and dropped it off to him.
He was tickled to see his number 2 son! (Can Marines be tickled or does it somehow ruin their image?)









































Of course while they were talking I had to capture the moment. He ignored me better than Recruit 1 did. Check out the disgusting shirt he's wearing! He had the BEST TIME!

We are all home together for just two days and then I leave and a few days later Recruit 2 and 3 take off. It's good to have this guy home, even if he is in desperate need of a shower, haircut, manicure/pedicure, and general scrubbing!

5 comments:

Beau & Lenette said...

That is too cute! And yes I think I Marine can be tickled...well maybe closet tickled..

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I love those pictures, Kelli! Now let me ask you something. Does your family get annoyed as heck at you for CONSTANTLY snapping shots of their every action? Just wondering....

Kelli said...

umm... posibbly...So far there's been no physical violence...

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Hey, Krazy Kirwan, I have a question for you. You have this comment pasted on your home page above the title of your post:
Warning!
Random thoughts triggered by real life events that occur in a large Marine Corps Family will be posted here. Everything is 100% true, except the stuff that isn't...
How do you do that? Hurry, tell me! I need to know! JK, it's really not an emergency.

Anonymous said...

I love the family pics and your house is very cute. You and Jen are my blog gurus (gurus?). So, one question---where was singersentinel.spaces.live.com on your blog list????? How will your blog ever be complete?
love to you and family, suzanne

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.