Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Recruit 1 is PCSing to a different Platoon in December...

Recruit 1 will be getting married in December of this year! I've been waiting to do a post when I had some pictures, but not living there it makes it hard for me to make demands and have them met.

I told her tonight I wanted to blog their 'how we met' story. She said OH MY GOSH...

I told her she could proof it before I posted. That calmed her down a bit.

We are very happy for her. The Marine met him when he was out visiting recently. He said he was a good kid. I've got to think up a good name for the soon to be new son in our family.

Most folks have mixed reactions when they hear the news. I understand, it seems sudden (no I will not be a Grandmother anytime soon). They want to be married in the Temple, and most LDS engagements are shorter rather than longer. I'm more than happy that they are both committed to a Temple Marriage.

When you've been as happy in your marriage as I have, you want that for all your kids.

The Marine and I are peacefully happy with the impending nuptials and The Marine gave his blessing while he was out there. He's a pretty good judge of character and he said this was a good thing.

I haven't met him yet!!!! Arggghh, it's just not fair!

It won't be until October when they come out for another friends wedding.

In the meantime, lots of chats about wedding plans etc.

Now if I could just get some pictures from SOMEBODY out there, it would make me very happy. HINT HINT

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratualtions on the soon to be wedding. Big familys are awesome and bigger familys are even better expecially when it all starts in the temple.

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! how exciting!!!! What temple are they marrying in?

Rebecca said...

Wow! Good secret-keeping! I want to hear the details, so hurry up and post that!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I can't believe this is actually happening! We most certainly plan on going to the wedding in December, hopefully kid-free (except for Beth)! Can't wait and I can't believe that you haven't met him yet! How frustrating!

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.