Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I've moved to Poopville

Our dogs are a big part of our family. With all the moving, separations, and other turmoil, they have been a constant. However they definitely make things more complicated and sometimes just down right frustrating. I like to think they are worth it though, at least during times like these I tell myself that over and over.


In the midst of the insanity of trying to work every day from noon to five, watch the two little guys by myself, turn my house inside out like a sock with toes, and get my bedroom furniture moved out AND paint my room all before The Marine and Recruits return this weekend... my dogs have all lost their mind... or something like that but the other end.


Bradford, our almost 15 year old Lab, is really the only one with an excuse. About 18 months ago he had an injury to his back and we thought we had lost him then. He is super dog. He should have a cape. He has come back from several injuries miraculously over the last 14 and a half years. We've had him longer than we've had most of the kids!

He has been my constant companion through most deployments and RECRUITING DUTY... A difficult duty to say the least. I love him.


This is Scratch. My sweet surfer dog. He's only a surfer because he is totally laid back and if he could talk he would say "Duuuuuude" all the time. Unfortunately, he has no excuse for the recent poop bombings. I know their his because Bradford can't climb the stairs any longer and the poop was GINORMOUS.

I think he is missing his boys, and with me rearranging everything it might be freaking him out. He's pooping and peeing upstairs where I am moving Recruit 2 and 4, HIS recruits. Plus I think the coconut oil I've started giving him for his skin might have created some of the problem.

Poor fella has a severe skin allergy to fleas and I think everything else. I finally bought these pills today that is supposed to start killing fleas within thirty minutes, but it doesn't keep killing them, only the ones currently on them. I'm just trying to get a handle on it.

I have the three lads on Front Line, but it's not enough. The house is sprayed once a month, but I haven't treated the yard, so that's the only thing I can think. Okay, writing this I realize someone reading this is going to say "duh, ya think?"



Little Red. (said like "Neuman" from Seinfeld) First, let me assure you he is not actually being gripped as hard it appears in this picture. He is an almost 2 or 3 year old cock-a-poo (I can't remember). It's a good thing he is so flippin' cute, otherwise The Marine would have made him 'disappear' a while ago.

This tiny dog wants to be the Alpha Male, even over The Marine. Each and every day when The Marine walks through the door, he hunches near me and growls at The Marine. No one else, ONLY The Marine. Not smart.

The Marine is highly annoyed with this tiny furry man-dog. This dog actually belongs to Recruit 1, however I think HE thinks I belong to him.

This little red mop has no excuse to be dropping presents either, except, I noticed out in the yard whenever one of the other dogs pee somewhere, he immediately runs over and pees right on top of it. I mean RUNS from like across the yard.

Right now I'm waiting for carpet to dry as I write this post. Yes, in the midst of toiling and shoveling my way through my children's.. uh... stuff... I've got to clean all my carpets.

However as I look down I have Little Red keeping my left foot warm, Bradford stretched out to my left near the wheels of my office chair, and Scratch hanging ten to the right. My soul delights in the genuine and unconditional love of these sweet boys.

They just need to stop pooping in MY HOUSE!

Okay, back to de-pooping my life... Thanks for listening...

No comments:

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.