Search This Blog

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Random: Clearly not a well thought out post. Just passing the time.

It's late and I'm waiting.

Waiting for Recruits 1 and 3 to get back from a Winter Guard competition and The Marine is coming in too! He met the kids at the competition and will get to come home for a day and half. Hours really, but I'll get to see him, say hello and then goodbye.


Recruit 1's Winter Guard came in 1st place tonight in their division. I didn't go because I have an impending business Trip, and I didn't want to drive there with the boys within arm's reach of each other. We don't own a Grey Hound.


I haven't blogged because I've been so crazy busy, well mainly crazy.


I wonder if I'm related to some people by accident or if it was on purpose...


If you're related to me and you're wondering if I mean you.


I don't.


The best quote I heard today about parenting is: Well I can't remember it exactly and it's to flippin late to go look it up but it basically said, and I broadly paraphrase;


you will never teach a child righteousness using the adversary's methods.


Meaning using coercion, fear, or control will not teach your child. Even if what your teaching is based on righteous principals.


Illuminating.


Giving guidance, boundaries and allowing natural consequences to take affect is a much greater and more lasting teacher. It's hard as a parent to let that happen and not just demand compliance. Especially if you live in an environment where orders are given and followed. (not in our house, just around us... I give them, they don't follow...)


I was an EXCELLENT parent when I only had Recruits 1 and 2.


I was quickly humbled.


I'll be incredible by the time they are all done with me. Not today, though, they are still teaching me.


I am amused by people who comment about parenting teens but don't have them yet. When I say amused, I really mean like I giggle, I don't judge, I was there once too, see the above.


I don't think Grand Theft Auto is an appropriate game either. But we do allow game systems/computer use. I use the different mediums of gaming/computer entertainment to get good grades, better behavior or extra chores out of my children.


Watching the Marine play his kids in Wii sports is fabulous!


More of my children would have phones if I could afford it. Wait until you have multiple kids in multiple locations and have a panic attack when you see emergency vehicles speeding in their direction...


We have a trampoline. It has knife holes in it. Guess who did it?


I keep threatening to get rid of the trampoline. I need to just do it. I can't watch them jump. When I go to GG's house she makes me sit with my back to her trampoline.

This picture was taken April 27, 2008. Have you seen that new show "Lie To Me" where they read people's expressions and body language? I hope no one ever does that off one of our family group shots. If anyone ever does, I'd rather not know...


1 comment:

Living in oblivion said...

I can't wait to live close to you again!!! Cool Charles is home for a minute or two!! Yeah, i am total anti trampolines, but my kids still jump on them and it freaks me out!! I can't watch! Where are ya off to?

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.