Search This Blog

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Why Recruit 6 Doesn't Want to Ride in the Truck

So I asked Recruit 6 if he wanted to ride in the truck or the van to go to his dentist appointment in another town. He said the van.

That was surpising to me.

I asked him why.

Recruit 6: Because there's a cowgirl on it. I don't like the cowgirl.

I put an antenna ball with a cowgirl hat, braids and big red lips I painted on it's smiling face on The Marine's Truck.

I did it before he left because he said I couldn't drive it. I thought I would intimidate The Marine, therefore the extra effort with painting red lips on with fingernail polish.

I should have known better. The Marine just removed the cowgirl ball before the CO came outside to look at the truck and then stuck it back on there so I wouldn't think he'd dropped me in the middle of the road somewhere.

(Did I mention the cowgirl ball represents me?)

Apparently it did not intimidate The Marine and only served to upset my littlest Recruit.

I think it was the red lips that pushed the little guy over the edge.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Poor little fella! You've scarred him from girls with red lipstick now!! Wait.... maybe that's a good thing...!

Living in oblivion said...

That is too funny! Isn't it funny how they notice things that don't even cross our minds!!! LOL! Love the lips!!! I blogged our orders the other day! How'd ya miss it?! Ha! I told ya to go find us a house!!! How long are you guys gonna still be there?!! I would have to fly all the way to your house commercially with Bisquit and back here to leave. Just can't reason spending a couple thousand dollars on shipping a dog, but if i know of someone flying out your way before May 31st i'll buy him a ticket!!! Thanks!!! Can't wait to see you!!!

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.