Search This Blog

Friday, January 23, 2009

Dear Marine, I can handle anything, even snow and ice.. or both!

Dear Marine,

Since you've been gone we've had a snow storm! Well, storm is a relative term, but for us back here at home it was a real humdinger of a blizzard. Schools were shut down and I only slid a few times in your truck. Thank goodness it's a hefty thing, I might have hit the car in the other lane, but they got scared and moved real quick.

I was bigger than them, so it probably made them realize they should move.
I think they waved at me, but can't be sure, it was a just quick little finger wave. Probably letting me know they were sorry they were in my way.

Folks in the south are always so friendly.

So anyway I've included a few pictures for your viewing pleasure. As soon as it started to snow I knew exactly what to do.



I did have to go out before too much ice was on the road, I ran out of whip cream. I know you would have done the same. That might be when I slid, can't be sure but it was worth the risk.

I made sure all our angels dressed appropriately and only participated in safe activities. You know our track record with emergency rooms and your being gone. I was smart this time. I told them I didn't care what happened, we weren't driving to an ER just because they were injured.

I made sure your beautiful new truck was well protected... Well it wasn't parked on the street at least for that crazy boy who lives catty corner across the street to zoom around the corner and slide into it. See I do good things for you when you're gone. Hey, who do you suppose he is anyway?


This Recruit actually listened to me and put on a jacket. It was her sister's jacket and that caused a little problem, but the blood came out. I love OXYCLEAN!



Some of them were confused about proper attire when it snows. That's what we get for always living in places with naked weather. He's got three types of bottoms on, unfortunately I could see all three to count but seemed to forget his torso... I have other pictures I will not post here. It would be weird.

I'm pretty sure some of these kids were yours. I made them get out of the intersection, but I made sure they stopped and posed so I could get a good shot of the brilliant recruits first.


Nothing tacky can be said about this joyful face.



Or this one! Except he licked the snow right after I took this. I was appropriately grossed out. He totally takes after you.

I approved this method of eating snow, except later I started panicking about all the polluted air particles it probably picked up before it hit his tongue. I just had to think about other things to block it out. Like how lucky I am your trucks has AWESOME brakes! (you're welcome by the way for the road test. You know I live to make you're life as easy as possible!) Check out the snowflake I captured landing on the lad's tongue! Cool!

Lil' Red wasn't all that impressed. He ran out and back in and looked bored by it all. Stupid dog.


Everyone else has cool dog stories. This is all he did. Recruit 1 wasn't even here to be disgusted with me. I had to be irritated all by myself with his lack of entertainment value.



I have no idea about this picture. I 'm just glad he has clothes on. It's probably the hat. The Guard Guru really hit a home run with this little number. Thanks. Mean it.

So everyone is present and accounted for. We are all tucked safe inside our home, getting fatter off whip cream and hot chocolate. Wish you were here: to start the cars, take the dogs out, dress the kids, give me a hug, etc...

I miss you, Love Me.

3 comments:

Living in oblivion said...

How fun! Love all the pixs!!! Glad to know snow is rare there!!

Jimbosbaby said...

I must say that I absolutely LOVE reading your blog! So entertaining!!! Of course I read some of it to my hubby and he seems to agree with your Marine's attitude on it all...men...they really dont have a clue do they? Or, maybe it's just a "Marine Thing" huh...yeah, that's probably it! Anyway, loved this entry!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the faces of your kids. This is thoughts from the dog:
"please give me a cute sweater, they are at wal-mart and I will be warm." Please Marine Mom.

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.