Search This Blog

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Negotiations for the next 20!

I've been waiting to write about our 20 year wedding anniversary. I've mulled it over and thought about how I felt about having been married for 2o years to The Marine. Oddly enough the words that come to mind are: contented, peaceful, satisfied. I am fortunate that I met and married someone so perfect for me.

Here's a few surface reasons why I like my fella.

He lets me get my way almost all the time.

I get to whine just long enough and he knows when to stop my whining before it becomes damaging at the DNA level.

I get to spend all the money.

I can decorate however I want.

He loves me no matter what size blue jean I'm stuffing myself into! The list goes on, but I won't make you read it.

Our anniversary fell on a Wednesday. We went to dinner but not before we took a few pictures before we left for dinner.

We decided to negotiate the terms of the next twenty years before we left.

Being the wife I got to pick my weapon first. I find it helps when deciding on those tiny little details to have the bigger sword.
Below you see me generously presenting The Marine with his weapon. After all, he IS a Marine. I have to keep the advantage whenever I can you know!

We discussed a few things in an adult manner. Calmly and with understanding and kindness. That's what 20 years gets you. Calm, kind understanding.

Notice how he's just standing there? I was actually a little nervous. He can go from standing like this to the next second I'm in some odd pretzle hold.
I won of course. It was our special anniversary night. That's what a GOOD twenty years gets you. A fabulous husband who lets his wife win on special occasions.
A nice dip to finish off the duel. All good duels end with a nice dip.
I love my Marine! Can't wait to see what the next 20, 40, 60 etc. brings! I can't think of a more wonderful person to spend all time and eternity with!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

awe!!! Happy Belated 20th Anniversary! Ours is next month! WOOHOO for great marriages!

Living in oblivion said...

Wow!!! 20 years already!!! That is awesome!! Fun pixs and love the hair! Haven't seen that much hair on your head since like the 90's!!! Hey, i thought you guys would be retired by this time! How long are ya staying in, i didn't realize you had already passed 20! LOL! Time flies! How much longer will you be there? I'm afraid you will be moving by the time we catch up with you guys!!! When is your next rotation date or i guess retirement date? ha! We are almost done! 5 more and Ed will be 39 and retired! Wow! What will we do next? Hummm....Congratulations on the big two zero!!!! Awesome!!!

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.