Search This Blog

Monday, January 19, 2009

I AM NOT the jealous type...

I chat daily with The Marine while he is gone. Mostly they are quick little chats. Which then means I have to call him back multiple times because I think of stuff I couldn't think of that quick in our quick chat.

Today he says he got an email that a former classmate wants him to update his profile on classmates.com. He never goes there and the only reason he even is signed up was to get info on his class reunion a couple of years ago.

The Marine: "Hey, I got an email today from... oh never mind I probably shouldn't tell you..."

Kelli: " What? Now you have to tell me"

Why do men really think they can start a conversation out like that and then NOT tell us what they suddenly decided we shouldn't know???

The Marine: Somebody wants me to update my profile on classmates.com, you know the thing you and Jill made me sign up for.

Kelli: (wondering why he shouldn't tell me that) "So who was it?"

The Marine: "It was ---- ------, and oh there's her picture.

Kelli: "Ooooh, what does she look like?"

The Marine: "Big toothy grin, but she's alright, not bad."

We hang up. Several hours go by. Meanwhile I am googling ------- --------- and can't find anything. As my day winds down I can now focus on our conversation. Did he really say she wasn't that bad? I don't remember her being that good. I mean seriously... Did he remember who he was talking too when he said that?

I punch his number into my phone. Recruit 3 is rolling her eyes at me.

The Marine: (all cheerful and friendly) "Hello!"

Kelli: "When I asked you what ------ -------- looked like earlier what did you say?"

The Marine: "She didn't look that bad, why? What did you want me to say?"

Kelli: "That she was butt-ugly."

The Marine: (uncontrollable laughter)

I post this to make everyone feel better about themselves... My contribution to your self esteem, mine is dented.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Adam used to keep in touch with former girlfriends, until we've had our numbers changed.

Living in oblivion said...

Too funny! LOL! What HS did Charles go to, i'm gonna add him as a friend on my classmate. Ha! Give me yours to so i can add you for fun too. That is hillarious Kelli! Yes, she is butt ugly compared to you!!!

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.