Search This Blog

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Can't Leave Out Dixie!

I would be remiss if I didn't introduce this sweet girl.

Meet Dixie. She is a beautiful Labrador puppy-ish dog who is our other canine holiday house guest. She really wasn't supposed to be AT our house. Recruit 2 was going over a couple of times a day to let her in or out of the garage of our neighbor's house. Check her food and water, etc., and he would play with her a little. She seemed to really miss her family. Lab's really are people with fur on them you know...

One night I took him over to let her in her dog cage in the garage and I just felt so so sad. Her "people" had traveled back home for the holidays and I just knew she was terribly lonely. (side note: Dixie's family are fabulous wonderful dog owners but went on an airplane far far away and so this is in no way to make them feel guilty. They picked the right man child for the job!)


I think Recruit 2 thought she was lonely too because he was so diligent about taking care of her and would make little comments. I think he secretly thinks Labs are humans with fur too but I'm not going to ask him.

I asked Recruit 2 if he wanted to bring her to the house.

I could tell he really wanted to. He had been so concerned about her and made extra trips each day as the weather would turn nasty or nice to make sure she was where she needed to be. But he was worried his Dad would get mad. I pee-shawed that thought, exclaiming I was the one he needed to be worried about and I was the one asking him.

AND we were in The Marine's new truck (hehehehe) So I figured we should bring her home in it. Every truck needs a lab riding in it!

As I expected The Marine just looked up and laughed when we brought her in. Come on in and eat some kibble was pretty much his reaction. He's such a nice guy...


Not sure who took this picture. That's Recruit 6 asleep. Dixie had adopted Recruit 2 as her person, and I mean HER PERSON! She wouldn't leave his room in the mornings until HE got up and let her out.
MUW-HAHAHAHAHAHA.

He's a teen age boy and he is HORRID to get up in the morning.

I think I love Dixie.



Still wasn't sure who took these pictures because at this time Recruit 2 was on an overnight camp out with the Boy Scouts. Recruit 6 is room mates with 2 and so that's why Dixie is here. She used Recruit 6's bed as a fill in until her adopted person came back.


She's a sweet dog. Was a little skittish at first when she got here, but who wouldn't be? A lot of humans are too! Heck, I AM still skittish in this house some days!


Well this picture explains A LOT. My budding photographer~
Let me just apologize publicly for any bad habits we have created in Dixie. Her real people come home tomorrow. Love you guys!!!! Mean it! (Hey, we didn't LOSE YOUR DOG!!!)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Well I wasn't going to say it, but since you gave me crap about "assessing your family"...
We watched Copper before and we didn't lose him...

Kelli said...

HAHAHA LOL!!! Nice. That really hurt my feelings, I really am going to show you my rash now!!!!

Living in oblivion said...

Ha ha, the bull dog we lost was named Dixie! LOL!

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.