Search This Blog

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Finished OFF

It's all over. We are in the throes of Christmas and Turkey day is gone. The left overs are not. I really did cook dinner this year. And I was able to put make up on and smile. I consider the holiday a success!


Oh my goodness, oh my goodness. The Turkey's came out of their respective cooking contraptions. This is the brined and roasted bird. Not bad for my first brining experience if I do say so myself. And I do. Say so myself. I always thought that was a crazy saying. It's obvious myself said so since I'm the only poster here.


Now this bad bird was smoked all day long. The dark meat was delicious! The white meat ended up drying out because the turkey wasn't finished cooking all the way. We slow roasted it longer the next day. Needless to say in all my excitement to do two turkeys I over estimated the amount of left overs. WOW!

Dinner was a casual affair. I didn't make everyone dress up. They were all playing hard. I think they washed their hands.... OF COURSE they did, just kidding... maybe.

Recruit 3 has been making the weirdest faces lately in pictures. I hope it's a strange photo phase she will grow out of. She is actually a beauty, just with Elasta girl's face lately...

Everyone looks tired. We ate later than we probably should have. The cans of soda annoyed me. But it was casual dinner with good china. Next year I'll 'stage' a good picture and then let reality set in.

See, Recruit 3 just looks odd. At least The Grandmother looks fab! She and I changed our shirts. We were clean for dinner.
Pure torture! Seriously! We expected him to spend time EATING with us IN THE SAME room at THANKSGIVING! We are horrible horrible parents! I love teenagers.
OH LOOK! A FAB picture of Recruit 3. She has a lot of hair.
So the turkey was tasted, my butternut squash mocked and the corn and rice casserole sniffed. What does one do now? I like to call it the Turkey Aftermath.

You've all seen posts of this kid being bathed right? Good, just so we're clear. I have no control over where, when, and how this kid gets his "off" button pushed.


Tooooo..... Much..... TUR---K-ee-ee...

even Red was sleeping. Sitting up. Weird. The flash started waking him up. No one else moved. I was lonely.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Cute doggy!

Anonymous said...

Soooooooooooo cute. I love reading you blog. What an awesome family that tolerates pictures. My dogs have learned to glear at my camera.
SPECIAL.

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.