Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

This morning there was hot chocolate and Donut sticks hanging on our door knob from Santa! Whoever was Santa's elf, Thanks!!! The sticks were consumed instantaneously.

The girls and I went to the gym and worked out. It was a bit on the painful side and I have walked around all day like I was nine months pregnant. The Marine thinks it's funny to ask me to pick things up from off the floor. He and I went around and did last minute shopping.

After dinner tonight we had an early visit from Santa. He dropped a bag with small gifts out of his sleigh on his way over to Texas. He has surprised us every year since I was tiny and terrified of him.

After we all opened the drop presents I wanted to get a family picture in our Christmas jammies. With only us here I had to use the timer on my camera and set it up on a bar stool. The problem with this is just about EVERYTHING! You can't see what everyone else is doing (or wearing). I requested my family take this seriously. Below are the results.

First shot. They all received a lecture afterwards to please be serious. And would Recruit 2 please remove that ridiculous hat. In addition to ruining the picture, it's 77 degrees in the house. I just turned the Air Conditioner on!
So recruits 2 and 4 are being difficult. I had to run to my spot and so no matter what it looked like when I was at the camera, I had no control over what happened after I sat down.


Please note Recruit 2's weird look, Recruit 4's refusal to lean in and close the gap and my trying to pull him in. and NO ONE knows what the heck is on Recruit 6's nose. We still don't know. He told us it was "a candy cane, duh!" So The Marine again threatened the end of our Christmas holiday. Once he gets involved they usually shape up.

I give up.

Merry Christmas everyone!


1 comment:

Heather said...

Love the crossed eyes!

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.