Search This Blog

Friday, December 19, 2008

Where Have I Been??

Well I love the title of Island Girl's blog, Living in Oblivion... And while I haven't been exactly completely out of it, I have been somewhat running around chasing my tail. I thought I was finished shopping. I was happy and sat back and said, "I am very cool".

However...

There was this little nagging thought trying to push it's way into the forefront of my consciousness.

I began assessing the situation around the tree. Nothing was there from us for Recruit 3. AACK!

then....

I almost left my keys in Recruit 5's classroom. In a grocery bag. On the teacher's desk. This was the same teacher who I stood up sometime this past week for a routine parent teacher conference. I say sometime this week because I still don't know what day I was supposed to be there.

then...

I got dressed to go to yoga, took Recruit 6 to pres-school looking like an unkept house wife in pajamas only to realize with all I had to do and where I needed to be, there was no way I could make the yoga class. The only thing that made it okay to drop him off looking like a dirty frumpy house frau was I was going to go do warrior II and claim my inner guru. Now I was really a dirty unkept pj wearing house wife.

then...

GG, the Guard Guru bought us all clever and creative presents. I've only bought my children and The Marine thus far. AND I can't think of what to get her. She is so good at getting cool stuff that fits the person she's buying for. It makes me nervous and then frustrated looking for her. I'm going to ponder her a while. Maybe something will come to me. in a box. on my porch.... No really, I want to ponder this.

Then...

We only have a portion of our lights up. I didn't buy any more. We never only have part of our house done. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???

AND....

We can't find Recruit 4's stocking and I haven't bought the fabric to make him a new one yet. It's the 19th for goodness sakes!

AND THEN....

I wanted to make Christmas cookies. Then I tried on some blue jeans at the store and saw what I was stuffing into them in the mirror. I was glad we hadn't made any, but really wanted to eat them even more to make myself feel better.

Soooo...

I bought a pair of Christmas pj's for myself. They are soooo fabulous. Red and a brushed mule or something, which in writing that sounds awful and must be a mistake on my part, but they don't get tangled in the sheets and they move with you. Really elegant looking too. Recruit 4 even noticed them. The first night I wore them he said (in front of The Marine too unfortunately),

"Hey Mom! You match the table cloth!"

Dang it. He was right. I did.

So now....

The Marine makes table cloth comments.

Therefore....

I sitting in the den listening to Recruits 4, 5, and 6 jump on the bunk beds instead of getting them ready for school. They think they are sneaky. The bed squeaks really bad.

They are also making up rhymes. They are so clever. Such delightful young men. I've got to go once again explain to them that poo, doo, and pee are not socially acceptable words to include in your rhymes. Especially when they are used twice in a row, over and over and over again...

Never mind they are now quoting Forest Gump.... OH WAIT! OH NO!

I just witnessed a mid- air collision right here in front of me. Recruit 5 and 6 smacked into each other about 6 feet in the air! Okay, 6 inches, but WOW...

Recruit 6 is flat on the ground. I can only see his legs sticking out behind a chair. They're not moving... I'm still blogging.. .hold on

Me: OH MY GOSH!!! Are you Okay? Recruit 6? RECRUIT ?!

Recruit 6: Yep.

He leaps to his feet in one swift oddly ninja like movement and yells: "THAT WAS AWESOME!"

Oh no, gotta go, they really did think it was awesome... they're setting it up to do again...... More importantly I don't want them missing the bus.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh My Goodness! You make me feel sane! I love you Kelli!

ps... we can make a plethora of items if you have a cool picture of GG...... call me!

Living in oblivion said...

You are sooo funny!!! I think i am done too and am waiting the sudden realization that i've forgotten something huge! That is sooo Ty & Ry on the flying thru the air, crash landing and thinking it was soo cool! Maybe it might be scary for us to live close to each other! LOL! Will have to take out some massive accident insurance!! Miss you!!!

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.