Search This Blog

Monday, December 22, 2008

Pre-School Program,the table cloth and a chia pet.

It was the night of the preschool program and love was in the air. Recruits 5 and 6 had goopy slicked up hair.


That's where the poem ends. They broke into some odd dance moves. Just randomly and simultaneously.

Still not sure what is happening here. I wasn't sure then either. I just kept snapping. We were about to leave to see Recruit 6's big performance. He'd been working so hard on it for days, maybe even weeks. I don't know. I never asked.


Anyone else freaked out by this picture?

So the big performance! He is riveting. Well, riveted more like it. To the spot he's standing on.


I could lie and tell you he was warming up and starting to express his inner Christmas Caroler, but he was actually yawning.

He perked up some when the bells came out of the bag.


The audience was enthralled. Look at Recruit 3's face! She can barely contain herself.

The Marine hates this shirt. Side story:

The Marine pulled out these khaki pants and a white Nautica shirt with blue and yellow stripes in it. He asked me if it was okay and I didn't pay any attention because I was telling him about my day and I said yes.

I even watched him iron it.

I kept talking. I watched him put his clothes on, while I was recanting my tales of woe.

Then I really looked at him.
I said: "You can't wear that!"

The Marine: "WHAT???"

Me: "um, heeellllloooo!!! It's December. You look like March or April"

The Marine looking menacingly at me: "I ASKED you and you said okay. You watched me iron it, you saw me put it on!"

Me: "Well, true, but I wasn't really paying attention and you really really can't wear that. It's DECEMBER!"

The Marine advances towards me and I move just in time.

He growls, he snorts, he rattles around in the closet saying words I shan't repeat here.

They were very annoyed words.

Something about he can never win, his wife is a loon, who cares, it's clothes, he should just put on old jeans and a t-shirt, yada yada yada.

He comes out of the closet with this very nice plaid shirt.
I think it looked very nice on him. I was thrilled.

He yanked it on his body glaring at me the whole time and I'm pretty sure he was having mean menacing Marine like thoughts that involved K-bars, but he just glared.

I said: "Oh that's so nice on you!"

The Marine in a disgusted voice: "I'm wearing a table cloth."

Me: "you don't like this shirt??"

The Marine: extra hard glare.

Then he marched out to the car.


So back at the preschool program, my young performer was through and the chics went wild for him! Okay, one chic and it was me, his mom, but I thought he was fabulous!

As soon as Recruit 6 got his candy cane from Santa the three of them headed for the doors. Recruit 5 would not go near Santa. So we headed home. The boys looked so nice we decided to take pictures with the dear in the yard.

See that bail of green hay. It was a bail of straw I bought before Halloween at Michael's. We left it outside after Halloween and it rained on it. The sun shone on it, and the grass grew out of it! The Marine had to rip it out of the flowerbed to move it out into the yard for our Christmas deer to pretend to eat. He calls it our Chi-A hay. I think it's totally cool!

I think these little boys are totally cool! Could they be any cleaner? I mean cuter? No I mean cleaner! How often do I have clean photos up of them slicked and shined up?

Gratuitous photo. Have no idea what he's pointing at.

The Marine was done. He was ready to take off his tablecloth and get on the computer.

Wait! Come back! I'm not done!!!
He doesn't listen very well.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Kamile loves that your deer are eating grass!

Anonymous said...

How much more fun can you have in one day. Sorry but I have to agree with Marine lol

Anonymous said...

Chia hay! Ha Ha Ha. I love it. At least you are getting your money's worth out of it. Keep it for Easter for a bunny rabbit display! Tammy Whitley

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.