Search This Blog

Sunday, November 2, 2008

What Is Happening RIGHT Now!

Nothing. It's Sunday morning and it's 0700. No one is awake but me. Well, The Marine is awake because I just made him listen to Carly's post and Savannah's words of wisdom. However I now hear funky breathing, I think he has drifted off again. I'll slug him in a minute.

I have a love-hate relationship with Sundays. I love going to church to see friends, hear uplifting and edifying words for my spirit.

I don't enjoy what I am fixing to have to do. Wake up the sleeping beasties and get them dressed. It's not as bad as when The Marine is deployed, which is on the horizon. I can't even mentally go there yet.

I am pondering how to better start our Sundays. I KNOW all the tips and pre-planning that should be done. It's the implementation of them that somehow eludes me. Alot.

Right now my children are sooooo sweet and kind. In about 3 minutes someone is going to be nasty. At least it's a toss up which one it will be. That's kind of a mental guessing game I could play.

"Which recruit loses their mind today?" If there were prizes for me I might not mind playing...

It's been a busy weekend and everyone is running low on get up and go. So I have to supply the get up and GO! Recruit 2 has barely avoided getting sprayed with water lately...

I love having my family all together, I am less than thrilled with the competition that goes on in Sacrament and primary between the kids. What are they competing for? ME!

Oh don't even think I should be flattered. It's all about the competition. I am just the convenient chump sitting on the same row of chairs.

And why is it NEVER The Marine they fight over? He's a nice dad. He loves them, He doesn't even yell and scream like I do? It makes no sense...

Who can sit next to me, who gets to hold my hand, who can rub my shoulders (I sort of take advantage of that last one). Who gets to sit in my lap and so forth. Because the Marine and I teach Sunday School, we are in primary during sharing time. It's gets worse.

Recruit 4 is not in our class but refuses to sit with his class because it is all girls. Recruit 5 IS in our class and so is sitting with us already, the lucky duck.

Recruit 6 LOVES his teacher but when he sees the other two both jockeying for mom he has to hold out his little arms and look pitifully at me and even cry on occasion.

I am already exhausted and it's only a little after 7!

Okay.... I'm going in... cover me.....

1 comment:

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Oh how I hear your pain, Woman. You had me chuckling on that one. Better to laugh than to cry, I say.

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.