Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Day Before Thanksgiving

I woke up this morning with high hopes for the day. I wanted to get a lot done and there was plenty of work to be done. So I woke up to these two turkeys and got started right away. I began my journey. The journey that leads to Thanksgiving Yummy goodness and a couple of extra pounds to work off at the gym next week.


I opted to leave this one alone for a little while longer. He wasn't finished baking...

NOT that he is a turkey or anything. I would NEVER say that...



I went right to work. I didn't even change out of my jammie bottoms... I had to take self portraits, no one else was up.



This is what the top fabric looks like. I love these PJs. They are very comfy. I stuck the camera behind me and took a picture of my back. pretty talented eh? I've got all kinds of hidden skills!


This Recruit is buried under his blanket, so I left him there. Figured he wasn't anywhere near ready to wake up and face the day. He needs to grow you know.


So I started without him with butternut squash and made a puree out of it.




I then ate a few cherries. I love cherries.




oooh, look, HE'S OPENING AN EYE... I quickly ran away. I'm afraid he may have thought I called him a turkey. But I didn't, nope I DID NOT.


Look, this recruit is STILL sleeping too! Bunch of lazy dazies....
They're missing the journey...


THE GRANDMOTHER is here visiting for the Thanksgiving holiday. She bought me flowers this morning. The Yellow Rose of Texas! I love yellow roses. The Marine won't buy me flowers until he gets a truck. He says a truck represents Texas just as good as yellow roses do. Well that's just fine and dandy but my roses are more reasonable than a TRUCK!!! The Grandmother buys me flowers so I just won't say anything. He doesn't read the blog anyway.


They make me happy.






Recruit 1 practiced piano while I mutilated butternut squash.
I'm not kidding either. Have you tried to cut through squash in a straight line?

She didn't really appreciate my attention. The squash were cooking by now. I was bored. The journey was at a speed bump.

She asked me to back up a little bit. I was very very close. I told her no. I am the mother. Hmph, that'll show her. I'll take a picture up really really really close.


THE GRANDMOTHER and the girlie girl recruits took off for adventures. They left me with the boys.


This little recruit took time out to dance today.


Not sure why, he just had a brief moment of joy and did a jig. I just love his joy!


While he danced I decided it wasn't enough to attack and mutilate butternut squash, I needed to get my pumpkin on.


So I gutted and pulled the seeds out. I'm going to try and roast them tomorrow. It's all about the journey folks.



While I was on my Thanksgiving food journey, these boys played some WII game. Then they went outside to play. Thank goodness. I get wii'ed out.


This little recruit played non-stop today. He is making some odd space ship noise. That's why he looks a little special ed here.
He fell sound asleep in the middle of a Pokemon cartoon. He was out for about 30 minutes, never moved. I continued my journey around him.

Here is one pie. I have canned pumpkin in the cubberd in case my journey tastes bad.

Check out the camo bucket The Grandmother picked up for me to brine my turkey in.

Yep, that's a turkey in there. The Marine is also going to smoke one in case this part of the journey ends badly...

Look at this cute boy. He has been super good today. He just turned 10, the double digit birthday. I'll be posting those pics soon.

I should be shocked the water is that gross. But I'm not. Nor should you be shocked. These recruits work hard for their dirty bath water. I always like to document we actually bathe these two.


I messed up my computer today. The Marine couldn't figure it out for HOURS literally. Here he finally fixed it! Our celebratory hug! I just love him!

So today I brined a turkey for the first time, made pumpkin and butternut squash puree, did dishes about 17 times, broke my computer, walked silently around The Marine while he tried to fix it instead of doing his homework, made pumpkin butter, arranged my roses, actually got dressed at one point and bathed the little people. Woo! it was a great day! Well, until tomorrow, I'm going to go snuggle some little fellas!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Everything looks great... hope it all turned out great! Happy Thanksgiving! I will post my blog when I get some pics on William's puter... he is funny about that LOL

Jimbosbaby said...

Your journey looked like a lot of fun! As Mom's of large families, we all know how the "journey" goes and it's never dull is it! Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful! Great photographic documentation of your day, loved it!

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.