Search This Blog

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day: part 1

Good Morning World! They loved my homemade-made from scratch pumpkin pies. One as you can see is GONE and the other was breakfast. I must confess, The Grandmother and I ate the first two, pieces last night. Well, first four pieces... Did I tell you they were good?

It was cold here this morning. 28 degrees. This is our deck. I went out to see what The Marine's turkey looked like.

The backyard had frost all over the ground. Recruit 3 suggested next time we get Recruit 6 to run out there barefoot and take pictures of his cute little feet prints in the frozen grass. Sure Recruit 3, I'll get right on that.


Here's the big bird getting smoked. I called The Marine out because ole' Tom Turkey was a browning up a little faster than I thought he should....


Did I mention we were all still in our Jammies?


Kelli: Get that bird Daddy-O!

The Marine: Are you going to document EVERYTHING? And do you have to comment?

Kelli: That's it, stoke the fire...

The Marine: Seriously Kelli?

Kelli: Yep, keep movin'.

Here's the brined bird. When Recruit 3 and 4 saw this picture they both said EWWWW what's wrong with that turkey, what's popping out? Ewwww Grosss.... blah blah blah.... Those are onions by the way if you too are going EWWWW GROSSSSS.....

And the Wii continues... KILL ME NOW!!!!

Is this not the cutest recruit??? Recruit 3 is just getting too cute. She is also NO help in the kitchen this holiday... Thank goodness she's cute, otherwise I would have had to banish her.

Okay, More to come later! Look forward to How to Eat Pumpkin Pie by The Marine....

No comments:

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.