Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Guess Who Became a Teen?

It's Recruit 3 That's Who!
Welcome to your teens you beautiful girl! This "tough lady" turned the big 13 just this month. Her mom is a little slow at getting posts up lately, so for that I apologize!

This krazy child is growing up and turning into a wonderful young woman. She helps make Recruit 5's lunch every morning. And look she can dance while she does it!

When she smiles it makes me happy. Too bad everyone can't start their day with a happy thirteen year old. (Okay, so not every morning is zip-a-dee do dah day. I did mention she was THIRTEEN, but I'm giving postive reinforcement here hoping, just hoping...)

So back to THE DAY it happened. You know, the day she became a WOMAN, oh wait, that's years from now. No, THE DAY she left tween-hood and became a teenager. Good Grief, I have three of them now... Hold on, I have to go bend over and breath, I think I'm going to hyperventilate.

Okay, I'm back.

Check out her fabulous cake! My friend did a wonderful job on this retro two tier birthday cake. It was too pretty to put candles on, so we just sang REALLY loud!


We had a few folks over to help us celebrate and to help us try out the fondant covered confection. It was very good. You can't eat a huge piece of fondant. It's way to rich, and the cake was de-lish. My friend Jessica made it.




Happy Birthday To You! Happy Birthday To You! Happy Birthday Dear Recruit THRRRREEEEEE, Happy Birthday To You!!!!!!!!!!!

Recruit 3 Story:

When she was a little bitty girl, about three years old, The Marine and I were walking in a store with our little angel. The Marine told her she was his little lady. She showed us her muscles and turned to face us. With both arms bent up on either side of her head she said "I a tough lady Daddy!"

Good luck tough lady, your now a tough TEEN lady! Slow down, will ya?

Love Mom

2 comments:

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I cannot believe this! I don't know why I shouldn't believe it...Kyla turned 13 in March! Remember when they were dear friends at six years of age? Remember when Kyla strangled her? Yeah, good times....good times. Anyway, I'm glad she made it to 13! Tell her happy B-DAY for me. And.....I LOVE that cake! Does your friend have a blog? If so, will you tell her that we want a how-to on that cake? It's awesome!

Jessica N. said...

The blog is: http://fondantcakesbyjessica.blogspot.com

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.