Search This Blog

Monday, September 22, 2008

A Love Story in Pictures: He really likes it when I bug him at work...

I just love him. He wasn't this old or gray when I met him. My grandmother says he is a hottie. She also says that he has just gotten better with age. She's 82.
My great great Aunt, my grandmother's younger sister thinks he is too. She's well, younger than my grandmother.
My other great great great Aunt REALLY liked him in his dress blues before she passed away. The Marine has a way with older women... That bodes well for me since I'm heading that direction.

He looks at me a lot like this. Slanted, out of the corner of his eyes. Not sure whether he should laugh or shake the tar out of me. I was pretending to be papparazzi. I pretended he was a Master Gunnery Sergeant. Besides I like snapping the camera really fast...

You may not realize it, but I'm in real danger here. Totally put myself in the path of danger for the sake of my craft. That grin... it's not a jovial one. It's an "I'm going to Sean Penn you're camera and pretzel you" grin.

See how the grin is still tight lipped and coming closer. I was VERY BRAVE today. I also knew he couldn't do too much in his cammies in front of the headquarters building... But yet... I was a little nervous... Actually giggly nervous as I rapid fired questions at him. "Master Guns! Master Guns! How do you feel about green eggs and ham for dinner?"

"Master Guns! Master Guns! Wait! Don't forget you paid for this camera!"

Darn it. OPSEC enforced. Shut down. Don't worry, the pretzling will appropriatly happen later. See the grin between his fingers? I just love him!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like you and I miss you!

Matt C. said...

OMG! A Master Guns! Holy cow has time flown. Good to hear from you guys. Keep up the great work and fun posts. HA...I remember lance coolie Kirwan and his forever sun fried snoz, dipping habit, and that certain way he would look at his upside down watch and tell you the time - very John Wayne like - as if you never should have bothered him to even ask! :)

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.