Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What I haven't had in YEARS!

What haven't I had in years? All of my children in school! Today marks a mile stone for me. Recruit 6 went to his very first day of preschool. Did I cry? Well first of all it's only three days a week and it's half days. I would feel like a complete loser if I cried. Plus how can you cry when your boy slaps on his back pack, gives you a kiss and heads for the leggo table without a backward glance?

People say "What will you do with all your time?" What time? I now can actually work and know the little fella is safe. Before I constantly yelled for him so I could hear where he was AND had to be on guard all the time because of his adventurous outlook on life and the lack of fear that accompanies most people. He seems to have been in the bathroom when natural fear was handed out.

This morning started early. Typically we all meet in the family room at 0600 for scripture and prayer. The two little boys had a rough time this morning. The first two weeks of this new routine is catching up to all of us.
Everyone leaves for school and FINALLY, it's Recruit 6's turn! He was so very happy today!

Actually he WAS happy, but the sun was very bright. Recruit 2 has this same outfit, only the shirt shrunk and he wouldn't wear it the same time as Recruit 6. It made me sad. I think they would have been cute.

Could he be any cuter??? I LOVE this kid! checkout the mustache. It's my smoothie. I washed his face when we got inside the school. Somehow missed that on the body check out the door.
And here the little man is, sound asleep holding my swifter around 1330 in the afternoon... Don't worry, he recovered and is currently, (at 2245 at night), in the den singing a song about "Nephi, being a missionary, Heavenly Father and Jesus are all nice and someone snapped a finger with a sword".... Did I mention how much I love him? The little toot! My last year of pre-school. I'm almost giddy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog, the activities that a happen and the perfect chaos is great to reaad

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I cannot believe you have all your kids in school! What on earth do you do with yourself? Well, at least now you won't have any excuses for letting that onion grow up to the top of your fridge!

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.