Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What I Heard and Chose to Ignore

Cast of Characters:
  • Recruit 4
  • Recruit 5
  • Recruit 6

The situation: The lads were all in the family room. A disagreement or annoyance between some of them occured.

What I saw: Recruit 6 running at full steam, screaming straight towards me as I sat at the dining room table, swerving just in time to get behind my chair and go into the entry way hallway.

Recruit 5 stopped in the kitchen glaring. He then moved to intercept Recruit 6 in entry hallway from other direction.

What I heard:

Recruit 6: With a terrible growl "EAT THE JELLY BEAN"

Recruit 5: with irriation and annoyance "Oh just shut it!"

My solution: Everyone is currently eating orange jello in fancy cups. I have no idea what happened, why the jelly bean was significant, but Recruit 5 and 6 are happily discussing a dead fly the found at the other end of the dining room table. Recruit 4 surprisingly was NOT involved. Weird, I know....

2 comments:

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I love the distraction technique! So, you still have dead bugs on your table? Nothing ever changes with you, does it? Hey, I wanted to show you some pictures of how our house is coming along. Here is address:
http://rtheyallyours.blogspot.com/2008/09/hacienda-tour.html

Kelli said...

I do not routinely have deadbugs on my table. She is a bad bad friend for even implying such and I have sent her a stern email...

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.