Search This Blog

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Recruit Projects

One of the things you may not know about military families is when we finally have the ability to DO things to a our home, we may be a little freer than most with the color palats our children choose. After living in rentals, base housing, and repeated return visits to my Mom and Dad's house, we finally bought our own home when we moved here.


This is our oldest son. (He tried to ignor me and my fabulous camera).

He recently moved into one of the downstairs bedrooms that had previously been occupied by both his sisters. When we first moved in we let the girls "design" their own room. Below you will see the last part of the original design being covered over with KILZ!

Do not adjust your computer screen. It really is Barney Purple and Martian Green. If you step into the closet and grin your teeth will look disgusting. It actually worked with bedding and curtains the girls had, if they ever picked up their clothes so you could see the bedding... This hard working boy has been living in a purple and green world for several months now. We have taken pity on him and handed him a roller and paint and said "Go forth and cover up the disgusting purple and nauseating green!" Much to my suprise he eagerly took up the cause!

Here you will see he finally graced my lens with a look. Not a really happy look, but it took a lot to just get this. I quickly left the room after this was taken.



Here the cute little fella is taking a break. He was more willing to crack for me and try to smile...



Now here he is back hard at work applying the first color!


I'm standing below asking him to flex his muscles for me.

Mom: "come on, just real quick."

Recruit 2: "no"

Mom: "Why not?"

Recruit: no comment, continues painting


Mom: "Okay, then will you just look at me real quick?"

I left the room.

He may look like me (only darker) but he certainly is his father!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Is that a bit of mustache on Wade?!!

Anonymous said...

Kelli,

How do you get your Recruits to work so hard? I can barely get Bryan to put down the X-Box controller long enough to do his laundry.

I really like the beige color and the plaid idea sounds good but I really like the red color in your "color swatch". Just be careful not to get too many colors or patterns going then it won't be too relaxing!

I'm anxious to see the final result!

Kelli said...

So far I've got two folks for using the red color. As to how I can get the kids to work, well in this case, you make him live in a green and purple room long enough, he'll do anything to fix it!

Kelli said...

I forgot to comment on Rebecca's comment on Wade. Apparently it is and now that I've focused in on it, he'll be shaving tomorrow. Apparently according to him he's been letting it ripen for a while. Shows how much I look at him!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

When did Wade turn into such a manly man? I still see him as a puny 11-year-old. Wow. Weird.

Anonymous said...

hey, Wade is taking out the garbage and painting his room? aw how cute!

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.