Search This Blog

Monday, June 23, 2008

There's Gonna Be a Toooornad-a!

When I was little and we lived in Alabama, the tiny house we lived in had a big picture window. I was terrified of storms, especially if it looked like ripe conditions for a tornado. The legend goes I would stand at that window with my Dad looking out at the gathering clouds and say "it's gonna be a toooooornad-a!"

We are currently under a tornado warning, or watch, or something. My Dad would really like this post if he were still around. He was always watching the weather, not just where he lived, but he always knew what was happening where I lived. In fact, he would probably have called me about the same time the local Weather Service sent out their beep warning across the air waves!


The view from the deck in our back yard... OOOH I can hear the thunder growling outside now.




I'm not scared of storms anymore. I think they're crazy! It's all the negative ions in the air probably...



View out front down our streets. UhOH, I'missed getting stickers for our garbage pick up. I'd better get Wade...



He's such a good boy! Well the rain is really coming down now. My Dad would love this storm! No gray drizzle for him. If it's going to rain, then it should RAIN! He'd go out in the barn and listen to it hit the tin roof. That's why we always kept it a tin roof. Well it's fast moving, should be over soon. I miss my dad...

2 comments:

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

So those are all REALLY cool pictures! There is nothing more awesome than a good storm. On our new house, we have a tin roof, so the rain sounds really cool.

Fonsecas said...

Yeah, it was cool!!
I love your blog.

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.