Search This Blog

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Recruit 3 almost chokes on own saliva while laughing during routine dental hygiene.

Warning: This Might Not Be Something You Want to See; but it was funny. Well at the time it was funny. Now it's just proof we are krazy.

I am a complete beast about the kids brushing their teeth. I've paid for several different dentists in a few different cities Hawaiian vacations. So when I saw that my darling daughter was not as diligent in brushing her teeth as she should have been, especially with braces on, I requested she bring her paraphenalia in and I would brush them just like I did the little boys.
She was quite happy to do that, which should have clued me in she wasn't in her right mind.
What ensued took longer than necessary. Mostly do to the fact she got the giggles so bad she almost choked and died on her saliva! It all started when she jumped and said ow while I was concentraiting on my brushing with braces technique. Apparently my reaction was to fling my arms up and down like owl wings and instead of yelling 'whoo whoo' I yelled 'what? what?'
For whatever reason she found this so funny starring up at me from her upside down position that we had to stop several times. Here she is not foaming at the mouth, but is begining to calm down after almost dying. She actually had tears in her eyes but they were falling into her eyelids.






Now I am demonstrating to her how I can appropriately brush her teeth and practice my photography skill. There is NO REASON why she can't brush effectively when standing right side up at the sink in a bathroom!



And again she pictures me flapping around in my purple Grumpy pajamas and starts the episode all over again. The child actually started wheezing. Can you see the tears by her right eye rolling up her face?




Yet diligently I continue to scrub, oops I mean brush, her teeth AND capture each moment. I have failed recruit six in the teeth department but this child will have photographic evidence I cared by golly!



And AGAIN she looses it. If I could have recorded the sound of her giggles you would have heard maniacle laughter and me in the backround saying "seriously? Can we just get through this?"


I was even able to floss her teeth and snap the shot! It's like sewing and flossing all mixed together. As soon as I was done I sent her packing from my room. The little toot.

2 comments:

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

IF your camera has a video, you know you could have videotaped it and put it on the blog. Then we could have heard the giggling and you, probably, using an outdoor voice. That was a cool post. I'm glad you're finally getting so good at this. Sorry I haven't commented sooner. I'm staying at my mom's and she didn't have internet access for, like, a week. It was depressing. You know, you can feel free to comment on my posts anytime. If you want.. Tell Chucky hi.

Anonymous said...

hehe hi mom,
its me number one! HAHA yah umm my sister is a dork! but i still love her! tell her she is gonna get stains on her teeth if she doesn't start brushing!!!!! lol love ya
tor

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.