Search This Blog

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Neglectful Blogger

I really enjoy blogging, I just haven't had the time or brain power to do it lately. So I find myself more and more often doing "catch up" posts.

So the latest news with The Marine and Recruits are as follows:

The Marine is currently three classes away from graduating in December with a double Major. His class on computer language C# is kicking his rear end. I don't think I've ever seen him stressed like this.

It didn't help I left him for a week to go work a conference in Chicago, it's football season, and he started getting sick. I also asked him to drive 8.5 hours to Annapolis that Friday to meet me.

One of my co-workers and now friend was having a giant labor day weekend party and I really wanted everyone I work with to meet my family. Since I'm a virtual employee and telecommute, it's hard to make it to company picnics...

I had to justify driving that far for a party, so we also took Recruit 2 on a tour of The Naval Academy and sat through the admissions brief. I think he would do well there. We'll see. He is a junior this year.

So The Marine grumbled and growled all week at me over the phone. He made the trek though and we had the best weekend. It was worth it in the end. It's not often we go do stuff for fun.

Friday was a family day for the unit The Marine works for. He played softball on the Staff and Officers vs NCO and below. He pitched the entire game. He couldn't move yesterday when he woke up or today... He and I are getting old. I remember looking at the staff and officers years ago and thinking how old they looked.

I wonder how many of the junior Marines thought that about us on Friday... No need to answer that by the way... I don't really want to know.

Recruit 1 is getting married. I can't remember if I've posted this or not. So I'm helping with wedding plans long distance. I'll also be planning a reception here for her as well. I have yet to meet her husband to be, but all reports indicate he is perfect for her.

I'll get to meet him in October. First son to join the family that I am the LAST one to meet.

Recruit 2 is running cross country. He is looking more grown up every day. He has his permit to drive and next summer will have his license. I just got recruit 1 off our car insurance, so I get a little reprieve.

Recruit 3 is cheering for her middle school and just recently turned 14, while we were at the Naval Academy. She and I went shopping in the fabulous little downtown of Annapolis while The Marine and boys checked out the museum on The Yard (the Academy campus). We got her dress for the Bridesmaid luncheon in December.

Recruit 4, 5, and 6 are all playing football. Recruit 4 is still so much fun to watch on defense. He's the smallest on his team, but gets in there!

Recruit 5 is doing well. He split his forehead open one night last week. We had the choice of glue or stitches. Um... GLUE!

Recruit 6 the night before bit through his lip on his chin with his two front teeth and on the inside of his lower lip with his two bottom teeth. He fell down a slide on the play ground at Recruit 4's football practice. I had white shirts on both times, and both times there was a lot of blood. The Marine wonders why I keep buying white shirts...

I've been working long crazy hours and trying to catch up on the house. Things should be slowing down now that the big conference is over.

I have lots of pictures to post and things to write about. Like how some parents were all miffed about the schools showing President Obama's speech in the classroom. I wasn't worried. One of my boys fell asleep, one didn't pay attention and the 5th grader (recruit 4) thought it was boring.

I think they should show past speeches of previous Presidents now.... I'm just sayin'.

So I'll hopefully be posting a little more often. Especially as we make wedding plans and watch some awesome Pop Warner football games. They are just too funny... I have a cute cheerleader and my cross country boy. And I still like my gray haired aging Marine!

Life is very full and joyous right now.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I have missed you!

Living in oblivion said...

YES, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PIXS!!! LOL!

Heather said...

We are about 1.25 hours from Annapolis... for future reference.

Jessica N. said...

Wow! Recruit 1 is getting married! Tell her congrats for me - and post pictures!
All those injuries must be a real pain! (sorry for the pun)

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.