Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sleeping With A Bat

I have stayed up too late finishing a book. It was the second in the Fable Haven series so it was a little scary with magical creatures and deception.

I am now so tired that I can't go to sleep and the house is super quiet. I just finished checking the perimeter of the house. I looked out all the windows to see if I saw any shadows moving around. I check the windows to see if they were locked.

I remembered I have a bat in the closet GG gave me. I'm going to get the bat. It's a metal or aluminum one and I bet I could really swat someone if I had too.

All the dogs are passed out snoring. Losers. They are not to be relied on. I hear noises and they barely twitch. If The Marine were home I either wouldn't hear the noises or I'd wake him up to go check them.

Well no, I wouldn't wake him up unless it was a big noise. He gets too grumpy.

I took an Ambien. It should kick in soon. I am hoping the little red dog will alert me to danger. Except I make him stay up in the girl's room because he barks at me in the middle of the night from under my bed. NOW THAT freaks me out.

I miss The Marine. I do have Recruit 6 passed out in here next to me. I've been watching his karate moves lately. Some of which I took pictures of to post. I may be covered. And our favorite City Police Officer, OT , is on patrol tonight, so I should be good.

Okay, Ambien working. Wish me luck I get computer shut down and I make it under the covers before I can't stay awake...

Hmm, think I'll end this post now..... feeling a little better. house is secure...I'm sure. I have my bat....

3 comments:

Stacey said...

OT (aka Officer Cupcake) is the best, isn't he? I hope you slept well!!

Kelli said...

LOL! That's too funny, I forgot we dubbed him Officer Cupcake! And yes, we're lucky to have him cruising the streets of our fair city.

Living in oblivion said...

ha ha! you crack me up! hope you slept well! I'm wondering if i am going to go back to being a scardey cat when we get stateside?! This is the first place i have ever lived that i am not afraid to come home to an empty house! i'm not even afraid to go upstairs when nobody is home...that has never happened before, i just wouldn't go upstairs if nobody was home, sometimes not even at night when Ed would have duty in ca. Ha! The kids and i slept downstairs alot when he was on the drill field cause i was too scared to go up there at night! I hope i have out grown it and it isn't just some island thing... :) I might need to come borrow your bat! LOL! or ambien....ha!

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.