Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dear Marine... I miss you.

Dear Marine,
Life is marching merrily along and you are no where near. I wanted to just fill you in on your life back here in family land. Today anyway.

Recruit 1: Sprained the heck (or broke) her finger tonight at Guard rehearsal. It's her right pointer finger. It's swollen, changing colors and crooked. She said it was fine. GG said she had a fabulous last two runs. She so does not take after me. I would be curled up asking for soup and Popsicles.

Recruit 2: Went to Lacrosse practice and wore Recruit 4's football socks, you know the ones that stretch to his knees? Then he walked around Wal-Mart like that. He is very secure in his coolness because it was truly tested tonight by his ensemble. He had on his basketball shorts, Lacrosse sweat shirt and running shoes. Not pretty.

Recruit 3: Had a huge fight with Recruit 1 about thirty minutes ago. It all started when Recruit 1 came out of the shower complaining that Recruit 3 had used up all the hot water. Recruit 2 swore he didn't use any hot water at all, even though he took a shower first...

Then I heard something about "don't touch my crack" but it turned out to be "don't touch my crap" which actually, even though that was not nice, I was somewhat relieved the other version was disturbing. Then it became "I'm going to chuck your butt down the stairs". No one came rolling down the stairs so I'm assuming it's over. I don't hear anything.

Recruit 4: We had a 'meeting' at school with him, myself, his teacher, his music teacher and the principal. I explained to all of them he was a brilliant child and we needed to all just love him for who he is. Can't we all just get a long?? I think they heard me...

Recruit 5: He is passed out in your chair as I type. I scratched him across his cheek. The one with the scar. I felt terrible. It's been there for three days now. On the up side he looks even more like a pirate... arrrrgg me hearties! I'm going to just leave him in the chair. I can't lift him up to the second bunk. He's too big.

Recruit 6: He is leaping about the room. I'm not kidding. LEAPING. He is a cross between a frogger character and spider man with a Jackie Chan influence. He is really killing me here.
The following is typed as he spoke to me.

Recruit 6: "Do you know about Jackie Chan had this white costume with a sword and he had it in his pocket and when they were in a battle they had like 16 people like that many (hold up all your hands) and the guy on the horse pulled out his sword and Jackie Chan blocked it with his shoes, but with his feet kinda but it didn't hurt because he didn't have his shoes with him because he doesn't wear shoes. He has this big flame on his head, he always has a flame head, oh wait oh wait he doesn't have a flame head, so he pulls out this sword but he doesn't have a sword, but when he trains he makes a sword. and Jackie Chan almost meets when he has a blue costume on, a blue and white and he had this crazy thing on his head, it was that seat there was a spider under his neck, yeah his neck... that was really scary....."

OH MY GOSH SAVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I've stopped typing and he is still going. Now he's talking about a tiny guy with a big head. No one else is up. What do I do? I"m so confused. I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

COME HOME. I don't speak Jackie Chan or Four Year old wild boy very well.

Last thing I thought was funny today, and yes this is all true and it all happened today.

Recruit 5 and 6 were watching American Idol. That guy with black hair was singing. Recruit 6 said "he screams like a girl"

Recruit 5 with no expression and no inflection in his voice: "You're a girl"

Recruit 6 not missing a beat: "His hair looks cool"

Recruit 5: snickers

These kids are fabulous! What the heck would I have to write about if it weren't for them? Going to go take Melatonin now and hopefully be rested to face tomorrow...

Love Kelli

2 comments:

Living in oblivion said...

Recruit 6 sounds just like the diolague, how do you spell that word?, anyways, sounds just like Thing One & Thing Two when they are in their zone! LOL! Yeah, crack would have had you worried! Tooo funny!!! Sounds like a day at our house......how'd ya scratch him?

Kelli said...

I was getting either in the car,or out or maybe it was when he was sitting in a basket at Wal Mart, which would be odd because he doesn't usually sit in the basket, but at somepoint he was sitting in front of me and I went to turn, OH wait, maybe we were trying to get in the house. Whatever, he was in front of me and I went to move him and somehow he turned when I didn't expect it and my nail scratched his little cheek. It's all quite bizarre and was a freaky fluke of bodies all twisting in different directions with my ONE nail sticking out. Weird. I know. But what can you do?

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.