Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Sunday Drive

Recruit 1 is driving. I'm not sure if I can adequately express my thoughts. So I won't, except to say.... OH MY GOSH RECRUIT 1 IS DRIVING...

Never thought I'd be this old. Never thought she would be this old. Yet here we are.
Sunday she drove us to church.

She started out well. Buckled up and made sure we all did the same.


Looked behind her AND used her mirrors to back out of the drive.

The Marine was keeping watch. Does he look concerned to you?


Everyone handles their fear differently. Some kick back and relax like the kid in the blue tie, others just choose to close their eyes and pretend like it's not happening, like the kid in the red tie.

Look at that smile. She is really enjoying herself.

Recruit 5 seems to be enjoying himself, or is that maniacal laughter? Recruit 4 is the owner of the fingers over his head.

There are some things even The Marine is scared of.


I can't tell if Recruit 3 is scared or transforming. I was scared for her though...



I was afraid of several things. I was in the front seat. The front PASSENGER seat. Recruit 3's apparent elasticity in her bone structure, my frightened Marine. The nonchalant gaiety in the backseat, the way this shirt looks in this picture... So much to be scared of, so little time to be scared. We live a mile from the church...



Recruit 1 was not too terribly pleased with her family... She won't like this picture, but she never checks out the blog. She has yet to see the windy day post... I keep telling them they should check what I've got on here....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly
I just trimmed my fingernails yesterday to keep me from clawing myself to death while Scott drives down our awful road to school. He gets the official license next year. It makes him nervous when I cling on for dear life to the door handle(as your dear marine in the pic), so I dig my nails secretly into my legs instead, trying not to draw blood, hence the nail trimming ceremony over my sink after I got home safely yesterday! Will I have enough skin left on my body when Joseph starts in about 2 years?! Tammy W.

Kelli said...

MOOOOMMMMMM wtflipp are you doing making me look like a freak on here...its ok rebekah gets the "cray face" award.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

LOL! I love #1's comment! By the by, why didn't she start driving when she was 16? Why did she wait so long? She could have been driving the other recruits around for the past 2 years! What's up with that?!? Anyway, I was laughing through this whole post. You are too, too funny. I liked it when you said that everyone handles their fears differently. And yes, The Marine does look quite concerned. I would be, too. And you can tell her I said that, and that she's too pretty.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

P.S. Do you ever come visit me anymore? At least you could make a comment!

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.