Search This Blog

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Recruit 2, Cross Country, and Impressive Teens!

A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to make one of Recruit 2's cross country meets. I drove like a mad woman just to arrive in time to get these to shots of him AFTER he ran. Apparently I had an old schedule and arrived minutes after he finished running. Warning, these aren't pretty, and it wasn't one of his bed runs.




So Saturday when Recruit 4 and 5 had their football games canceled because of rain, I jumped at the chance to head out for the last meet of the year. It was the regional meet and the kids had a chance at qualifying for state. Look Recruit 2 peeking at me from the middle of his team while they were warming up. This race ended up being his personal best. It was a 5K and he did it in 18:32. If he keeps running he could probably get down in the 17 range next year. I really admire all these teens out there pushing themselves. I NEVER ran anywhere. Unless I thought I was being chased. And then how fast I ran depended on who was chasing me and if I wanted to be caught.
Here they are at the starting line up getting ready to go.


I missed him starting the race. I get so excited I forget to take pictures. The picture below is at the one mile mark. He was doing well and I could tell he was really pushing it. He was in second place for our team. I wouldn't do this. Well I would if someone were chasing me, with a big knife...


Below is the finish line. It's amazing the burst of speed the kids seem to pull out at the last minute. He puked right after this. DID NOT get a picture of that... I would never be able to have a burst of energy, except if someone were chasing me... With a big knife, AND they had a mask on. Yep, the mask could totally get me to have a burst of energy... or have an accident, one or the other.

Immediately after he puked. Now he is discussing the race. I think. He didn't come over talk to me. I guess that's not cool.

I have no idea what they are talking about. Something good though, they're all listening.

The team.

Recruit 2 is the hood looking kid on the end. Silly boys!

No comments:

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.