Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Mother's Angst Dr.Suess Style



The daisies are deceased
The roses are dead
Yet there they stand in water
I am sitting here scratching my head.



I work all day long to provide extra dough
So off to activities they can go.
The laundry is going, though their rooms don’t show it
All they do is grab their pile of clean undies and into their room they just throw it.



Then when we scream clean it and they know that we mean it
Those fresh laundered items suddenly reappear
On the floor of the laundry room that I JUST CLEARED.

Dr. Suess is cute, educational and fun,
but this little rhyme should give you a clue,
I am mentally undone.


Today is the 7th day of the 10th month,
if they don’t fix this, I am threatening to jump.
Not off a bridge, or over a track, but over their heads and onto their back.

If you are a coach, instructor or guide, please be alerted, I’m after their hide.
So when they show up late with their little tails dragging,
just be aware I am done with the nagging.

I’m finally putting into play that parenting skill,
The elusive natural consequence, the one hard to fulfill.

So when they are neck-ed don’t call DSS
They made the choice to live with a mess.

Re-washing t-shirts that have never been worn is a waste of resources
And now I’m showing my horns.

I’m threw shouting curses and physical restraint. I am done doing what it is that they ‘aint!

(sorry about the aint word but I have to get back to work before I get fired and we don’t have money to buy laundry soap to keep WASHING THEIR CLEAN CLOTHES)

6 comments:

Kelli said...

(the following is from my Grandmother she sent to me in an email)

My Dear, History repeats itself. Ask your Mother how many loads she has done of CLEAN clothes! It's easier to throw
them under the bed than open a drawer and put them neatly away. A concerned Grandmother

Kelli said...

This was my reply to my grandmother:

I have NO IDEA what you are talking about!!! ;)~

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I liked how she signed it, "a concerned grandmother". Your family is too funny! Did you write that poem?
All right, will you at least go visit my blog and not ignore it this time because there is only a teeny timy homemaking tip about how to care for 3 kids under 3 but there are a lot of cute pictures of the twins! And make a comment, a witty one, preferably!

Rebecca said...

Hee hee hee. I can do cute, but clever may be beyond me. I think I'd rather be clever, like you!

Carley said...

Is Jesse one of your kids? That is the #1 thing I'm constantly nagging him about. I don't want to rewash your clean clothes!

Anonymous said...

I am the worst then. I would rather wash the cloths twice then fold them the first time. But I am only cleaning for one. I love your pictures, my husband always sais I take too many pictures. Thank you for shutting him up. My family would drive two seprate vehicles so I had to drive with dad for along time until the rest thought it was okay.

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.