Search This Blog

Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Marine Took Me To Lunch...

I had a meeting at the unit today and it ended right after 1100. I walked to the Marine's office to find out if he would feed me. I walked in and said:

Kelli: I'm hungry.

The Marine: Do you want to go to lunch?

Kelli: Yes, I'm hungry, are you buying?

The Marine: I'll take you to lunch.

(Captain sitting at other desk smiling)

Kelli: Where'd YOU get money??

The Marine: Come on, I'll take you to lunch.

Kelli: Oh I get it you're going to use my money...

(Captain now chuckling)

So we load up in the van because the brakes on the Yukon are annoying and squeaky. The Marine starts to drive down the road.

Kelli: I have to potty. Hurry up.

The Marine pulls into the gas station.

Kelli: Why can't I go where ever we're eating lunch?

The Marine: I don't know if they have a bathroom there.

That never bodes well for me.

He pulls in and parks, looks at me.

The Marine: Well, go to the bathroom.

Kelli: I go into the gas station. At least he waited for me.

We continue to drive on base towards the flight line. I'm chatting and not paying a whole lot of attention until he pulls into an obscure parking lot near warehouse looking buildings.

The Marine pointing: There's lunch.

It was customer appreciation day at the base SERVE MART and they had a free lunch of chili dogs and hamburgers.

I ate in a warehouse today in my heels.

The Marine took me to lunch, just like he said.....

(serve mart is a big 'store' on base where units can purchase pens/paper, goods, supplies, 550 cord etc.....)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hee hee hee. the funniest part is that I can just picture his face.

Anonymous said...

That is totally funny. I could see this happening to me but he is anti-social.

Sharon said...

Oh that's funny.

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.