Search This Blog

Sunday, March 15, 2009

There's a storm a-comin'!

I have just not had the time to sit down and keep up with blogging. So consequently I have all these blogs swimming around in my head waiting to spill out in clever and witty posts.

I'll just let you know up front, this really won't be clever or witty, but I'm at least posting! I figured it would be best to just catch up.

The Marine returned home earlier in the week. As usual I am always more than thrilled to have him home. The first twenty four hours are the best. Everyone is happy and I'm relieved to have help with parenting, the house, and our crazy schedule.

The next twenty four hours are good, but the glow is fading. The Marine has had plenty of time to notice what's broken, dirty, or turned upside down and at this point he is straining to not point it out. He did well. I could hardly tell he was straining. In fact, the only reason I know is because we have been hanging out together for longer than we were single.

The third twenty four hours, or day three, was still pleasant. However a slight current began to run beneath the surface. The Marine was no longer able to restrain himself, however his comments were very kind and supportive, except that one time, otherwise he's been really tolerant and understanding. However I began preparing myself.

Day four we had a tiff. I don't remember what it was about. It wasn't even blog worthy. However, it shows he's begining to crack under the pressure. I have to say though, The Marine has yet to visibly freak out due to the condition he found the office in. I'm actually impressed. He looked in and saw the chaos and I quickly yelled, I HAD TO DO TAXES. Which, by the way, is actually the truth.

This explanantion explained very clearly why it looks like someone dumped all our files into the middle of the room.

I'll fix it. I promise.

In spite of the evidence of the storm I know is brewing ( Thor I like to call him -I mean It), I wouldn't trade having the old grey haired fella being home for all the calm, balmy days in the world.

Besides I like a good storm every now and then, but don't tell him that, I haven't finished battening down the hatches. It's all about preparation...

1 comment:

Living in oblivion said...

I just write in my journal at work and than when there is time i just copy and paste into the blogger. I have no internet access at work, uhg and like no time to blog once home! But,Hahahahaha on the storm a brewin!!! Just don't drive the truck for a few days....maybe that will keep him on the calmer side! LOL!

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.