Search This Blog

Monday, March 23, 2009

No Storm as of Yet!

So I've left for Norfolk and returned home since I last blogged. While I was away, The Marine as usual, did a fabulous job of being the house mouse.

It's really annoying.


Comforting to know I can leave for several days, but annoying that he doesn't suffer like I do.


Just once it would be nice to see him disheveled and curled up on the front porch twitching, waiting for me to ride in and rescue him. Not that I've ever been curled up on the front porch twitching. I usually have the presence of mind to hide inside the house and twitch.


Of course I've never left him for months on end either. I'm sure there would be a different ending to THAT story.

In the meantime...


The storm I fear on the horizon seems to be hovering in the distance with no indication it's going to move in. However it's not dissipated as of yet either. It could go either way at this point. I should probably clean something up and see if it makes it go away...

This morning there was a little lightning and thunder. The Marine irritated me and I irritated him and he threw not one, but TWO pitchers of cold water on me while I was taking a shower.


One 2 Gallon pitcher of glacier water came over the top of the shower curtain and the second pitcher he threw back the curtain and just blatantly doused me. Then giggled like a school girl.


I can't reveal here what we were fighting about. Mainly because it's almost 10:00 at night and I'm really tired and can't remember.


All I know is I would normally be planning vengeance but he has no boundaries when it comes to "game on" and I'm just too tired. Oh wait, I think I called into question his gender or something and that's what got me the second pitcher.


I just don't remember why I deserved the first pitcher.



I do know that yelling at your spouse while you are in the shower behind a shower curtain and with your eyes closed it a bad idea. very bad.


I'm sure I didn't deserve it though. Not that much anyway. I stopped yelling.


Although I do reserve the right to get him at an unknown day and hour. I just have to make sure I can run like the wind and hide for 72 hours. I'm thinking since he never reads the blog I should maybe take action swiftly. He won't be expecting it. Don't anyone tell him.


It requires me getting out of bed earlier than I feel comfortable with. I'll have to ponder this. Don't know if it will be worth it. He's trained to take someone down by their pinky. I know.


We must be beyond that honeymoon phase of the reunion. That's okay by me. I don't mind having him around all the time. He makes life more interesting, and dare I say a little exhilarating?? Try a cold pitcher of water at 0630, you WILL be exhilarated! At least that's what I'm calling it.

This is me thinking about pay back. Don't I look exhilarated??? MUWaaaHaaaHaaaa!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

you are so funny! I would totally kill Mark if he did that to me. Also I so know what you mean about the husband doing a fine job while we are away and making it sound like it wa sa piece of cake! I was gone for 5 days and it was no big deal. of course take out every night doesn't count right? That's not really doing the full job.

Jimbosbaby said...

OMGosh I would've killed "my Marine" then again I would probably do the same thing back to him considering he doesnt like "cold" anything, that would be the perfect revenge LOL :) Cant wait to read what happens next :)

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Yes, you look exhilarated! But you always do! Why haven't you written anything in so long? Call me!

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.