Search This Blog

Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Birthday!

I had a birthday in February. I am now officially older than I was before my birthday! Great. The Marine was still gone, but my kids and friends and through me a "surprise party". I knew something was up because Recruit 6 told me I had a birthday cake but it was at the Guard Guru's house.

He also said I had a BIIIIGGGGG Mickey Mouse card. HA! I didn't reveal this to anyone. He did pretty good. Recruit 1 had taken him shopping on Thursday and it was Friday afternoon before he began to sing like a bird.

I drove up to GG's house (Recruit 1 was going to do it at my house... THANK YOU GG!)

There was a crowd of merry makers making merry with various tools of merriment and holding a banner with "Happy Old Day" written across it, a woman with flippy hair and a botox needle...



The flippy hair girls is in the lower right left hand corner. She was well drawn. That's all I'll say.



You can see Recruit 2 making a face, M&M in front of him along with GG, little bit, The coffee shop lady and the Math teacher. Okay see if you can figure out whose who.




The Math teacher's body, Stilts his son, J&M, M&M's brother, and another boy.


They were blowing horns. Oh and here is another character in our life, The assistant GG, she just married her own Marine and is leaving us soon. Loser. I don't know why she would want to leave us for love. We are like family! Just different colors. A lot of different colors. We are a flippin' rainbow of love here!!!!!


And always there is FOOD. GG is Filipino and Irish. She has kept my children alive when The Marine leaves. Recruit 4 asked if we were going over there this past weekend and I said yes. He responded with oh thank goodness, FOOD! I should be ashamed in there somewhere, but I'm not.

The Marine was on the phone and Recruit 1 handed it to me as I walked up to the merry making revelers. He was sad he couldn't be there. He likes to eat too... Check out the tiny head of Recruit 5, 6 is behind me. They were a little confused as we walked up and everyone started hollering.


I got presents! But I had to wear this hat. And, I've only included two pics of present time because everyone of them my mouth was open or contorted. It's like they ONLY took pictures when I looked silly. Or I was so excited and didn't stop oohing and awing...



See, not pretty. Many more like this. ug.



Recruit 1. She really is a pretty girl and somewhat normal. Just not here.



The Coffee Shop lady and The Office Lady. I like them both very much. The Office Lady even gave me a whole bag of broccoli and was kind enough to include Benadryl since I'm allergic to broccoli! Gosh. Friends.

GG and her plate. We must EAT!!! And at HER HOUSE. She is my HERO!!!

M&M's mama. I love her! She is the best! M&M and Recruit 1 are best friends. They share a single brain cell between the two of them and often end up fighting with it. We have remained unsullied by the hormonal ragings of our teeny-boppers. Her husband is friends with the Marine. HE's the one that defiled my van with F250 signs. I am still plotting. I've just been busy.



Yummo!


The offspring of various friends. The Picture lady is in the back. She used to be a coffee shop lady, but now she is the picture lady.

My big girl! She is leaving me soon. sniff.


The coffee shop lady and I. We're are stars!


GG's going to be mad this one is up. Don't anyone tell her. She NEVER reads the blog.


so if she's mad I can just refer her to this picture of myself. It's just weird and creepy. Those are the coffee shop lady's hands on my face. She was showing me what I would look like with a face lift. Here it's more of a face pull.
I am slow in getting this up. But I felt loved and I had great friends there. Not all who are in the pictures. The Sailor just left for a deployment. She's married to the Math teacher, so I hope if she can read this she knows she's missed! It was a fun night and it helped make getting a little older a lot more fun.

2 comments:

Living in oblivion said...

I wish i could have been there!!! You guys looked like you had soo much fun! I'll be there next year!! :)

Jimbosbaby said...

Oh wow, it looks like you had a wonderful birthday!!! Congrats on becoming one day YOUNGER!!! Yes, I said younger because we are only as old as we choose to be...at least that's what I'm telling myself these days!!!!

Disclaimer

What follows on these posts is true to the best of my knowledge, except what isn't. I only change names to protect the innocent and not so innocent.